Jags sign WR/RS pharoh cooper

56 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

Because Godwin isn't playing this year

The NFL is planning to return to the 3 week IR with unlimited returns, so him simply being on the IR doesn’t actually mean he’s out for the year.

So the number change would be the thing that points to whatever is going on with him being serious enough that he’s unlikely to return. And also likely points to the fact that he is unlikely to ever be with the team again, because teams don’t just go handing away the numbers of veteran players who hit the IR.

So yes, that’s exactly why I brought it up, thanks. 

1 hour ago, pwny said:

The NFL is planning to return to the 3 week IR with unlimited returns, so him simply being on the IR doesn’t actually mean he’s out for the year.

So the number change would be the thing that points to whatever is going on with him being serious enough that he’s unlikely to return. And also likely points to the fact that he is unlikely to ever be with the team again, because teams don’t just go handing away the numbers of veteran players who hit the IR.

So yes, that’s exactly why I brought it up, thanks. 

If he's placed on ir before the cutdown he's ineligible to be brought back. 

However if we cut him from the ir he would be eligible for anyteam but us. 

1 hour ago, LinderFournette said:

If he's placed on ir before the cutdown he's ineligible to be brought back. 

However if we cut him from the ir he would be eligible for anyteam but us. 

You're assuming old rules, that most are expecting will be changed, stay. 

Given injury tracking sources are putting expected return dates for players on IR, I think it's safe to say the rule is being viewed as extremely likely to be changed.

S2lXksj.png

33 minutes ago, pwny said:

You're assuming old rules, that most are expecting will be changed, stay. 

Given injury tracking sources are putting expected return dates for players on IR, I think it's safe to say the rule is being viewed as extremely likely to be changed.

S2lXksj.png

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nfl.com/_amp/nfl-nflpa-likely-to-keep-in-place-modified-ir-rules-16-man-practice-squads-in-20

NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reported Wednesday that all signs point to the NFL and NFLPA keeping in place several of last year's COVID-related changes to roster rules, including unlimited/faster return from injured reserve and 16-man practice squads, per sources informed of the situation.

I'm basing it off last year's ir changes and how Josh Oliver was deemed ineligible to return as he was put on ir before cutdown time last year. 

Definitely appears to be a situation where the details of IR return rules probably don't matter much.  Seems as though whatever is going on with him, he and/or the team are expecting it to wipe out at least this season for him.  Based on the photo attached to that, combined with the limited info we have, and the way the team is treating it...it has the feeling of more of a probably "retirement" issue.