2022 NBA Draft Thread

NYRaider

Just now, NYRaider said:

I've seen some Kings blogs suggest #4 for Jerami Grant, like damn, when did Grant become so good?

I don't buy any of these Grant trades. I'm not even sure I'd buy Grant+ to PHX for Ayton unless it involved #5. However, NBA GMs have shown that they aren't always smart so who the hell knows?

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

The Kings suck. You can't take team metrics and apply them to single players.

I understand that but I don't think Holmes is particularly valuable as a trade piece considering his recent injury history.

Just now, NYRaider said:

I understand that but I don't think Holmes is particularly valuable as a trade piece considering his recent injury history.

I get that but the 4th pick is valuable and the Knicks aren't giving up **** to get it in your proposals.

4 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I don't buy any of these Grant trades. I'm not even sure I'd buy Grant+ to PHX for Ayton unless it involved #5. However, NBA GMs have shown that they aren't always smart so who the hell knows?

Especially considering Grant is only on a 1 year deal so if you trade for him you also have to extend him. 

The Pistons scenario is realistic to me though because the Suns clearly don't want to max Ayton out so they could force their hand by giving him a max offer sheet. Grant fits well with the Suns roster and it's better than losing him for nothing especially when their are potential replacements for Ayton in free agency with guys like Mitchell Robinson and Jusuf Nurkic. They could also ask for Isaiah Stewart to be included in the deal but he's pretty small for a 5.

The Blazers trading #7 for him would be a mistake though, I think it's time to accept the Dame era is over and to move on while they can still net a ton of assets in a trade. 

4 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I get that but the 4th pick is valuable and the Knicks aren't giving up **** to get it in your proposals.

How often are top 5 picks traded for players? The only one that I can remember is the Sonics trading Ray Allen for the 4th pick which became Jeff Green.

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The Blazers trading #7 for him would be a mistake though, I think it's time to accept the Dame era is over and to move on while they can still net a ton of assets in a trade. 

If the Blazers do that over taking Griffin or Duran, they belong in purgatory. 

Just now, beekay414 said:

If the Blazers do that over taking Griffin or Duran, they belong in purgatory. 

They need to free Dame and just commit to a rebuild, they're not going to be competitive in the West even if they add Grant. Might as well get some young talent to jump start their rebuild.

Just now, NYRaider said:

They need to free Dame and just commit to a rebuild, they're not going to be competitive in the West even if they add Grant. Might as well get some young talent to jump start their rebuild.

Dame to Milwaukee for Middleton, Hill and #24

Dame to Milwaukee for Middleton, Hill and #24

Yeah their rebuild should start by adding two older players and a late first round pick, lol. 

IIRC he has a no trade clause though, right? I remember that he reportedly was interested in the Knicks but now there are rumors that he'd prefer to stay in the Western Conference. Also some rumblings that they could be a potential landing spot for Lavine. They currently have $28M in cap space and would need to free up an additional $9M to sign him to a max deal without a S&T. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

Yeah their rebuild should start by adding two older players and a late first round pick, lol. 

IIRC he has a no trade clause though, right? I remember that he reportedly was interested in the Knicks but now there are rumors that he'd prefer to stay in the Western Conference. Also some rumblings that they could be a potential landing spot for Lavine. They currently have $28M in cap space and would need to free up an additional $9M to sign him to a max deal without a S&T. 

I'm not serious. 1) Middleton isn't leaving Milwaukee until Giannis is gone. 2) I only mentioned it because he mentioned the one player he'd want to play with was Giannis. 

I'm not serious. 1) Middleton isn't leaving Milwaukee until Giannis is gone. 2) I only mentioned it because he mentioned the one player he'd want to play with was Giannis. 

He once said, "Jazz down the road, I want to play for Sloan." 

Portland seems pretty dead set on keeping him after they just gutted their roster by sending Norman Powell and McCollum to situations where they have a chance to be on competitive teams, sad.

Just now, NYRaider said:

He once said, "Jazz down the road, I want to play for Sloan." 

Portland seems pretty dead set on keeping him after they just gutted their roster by sending Norman Powell and McCollum to situations where they have a chance to be on competitive teams, sad.

Dame's going to be in Portland until he literally pushes his way out. He's a glorified Beal at this point. Taking his money and running. He just happens to have a run to the WCF in his bag.