Special Teams
Position 1st String 2nd String 3rd String Other
P Pat O'Donnell      
K Cairo Santos Brian Johnson    
LS Patrick Scales      
H Pat O'Donnell      
KR Khalil Herbert Chris Lacy Rodney Adams Jon'Vea Johnson
PR Dazz Newsome Damiere Byrd Darnell Mooney CJ Marable

That’s what I mean about Nagy.  He needs to make decisions like that.  And he doesn’t do it enough.

Like when he played Mooney right away.   Play the guys playing the best.  Not where they were drafted.  Not their contracts.  

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Vildor, Burns, Trufant battle for CB2 will be thing to watch aside from Fields. 

Vildor still has pole position.  

I also don’t think they are in love with Shelley in slot.  

I'm still most intrigued by the OT spot. Someone is going to step up and take a job. Either it's a veteran who gives more than expected or a young guy who can be a part of the future. But this season is about Fields and solidifying the OL is vital to helping him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, abstract_thought said:

I'm still most intrigued by the OT spot. Someone is going to step up and take a job. Either it's a veteran who gives more than expected or a young guy who can be a part of the future. But this season is about Fields and solidifying the OL is vital to helping him.

Yes - and unfortunately that someone probably is going to struggle in season.

Obviously you hope its Borom, but that is unlikely early on.  

Probably Peters as long as he can last.   I don’t see him getting more than 5 or 6  games in before he goes down with something.   Or he may not have any quick twitch left.

We’ll see.

I mean if we are rolling with Dalton for most of year I would probably throw Borom to wolves and just see how he does and if he can adjust and get better.

Or maybe even split time between him and Peters - which is unheard of I know and isn’t likely to happen.

I think Bears will roll with Peters though unless he stinks or he breaks.  

When is Ifedi supposed to be back?

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

Vildor, Burns, Trufant battle for CB2 will be thing to watch aside from Fields. 

Vildor still has pole position.  

I also don’t think they are in love with Shelley in slot.  

He hits above his size but coverage is still suspect.

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

That’s what I mean about Nagy.  He needs to make decisions like that.  And he doesn’t do it enough.

Like when he played Mooney right away.   Play the guys playing the best.  Not where they were drafted.  Not their contracts.  

He won't make the call on ILB until Desai gives him his preference.

DT is still out and if shows the slightest drop in his speed I would for sure sub Ogletree on passing downs and possibly deep in the red zone as well.

58 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

I think Bears will roll with Peters though unless he stinks or he breaks.  

Peters may be able to get by mostly on savvy but yeah, I don't see any way he lasts out 17 games.

Not sure what the prognosis in on Ifedi but I would sure as hell move Borom over to LT in place of Wilkinson. Let him back up Simmons at RT until Ifedi returns.

16 minutes ago, soulman said:

He won't make the call on ILB until Desai gives him his preference.

DT is still out and if shows the slightest drop in his speed I would for sure sub Ogletree on passing downs and possibly deep in the red zone as well.

See I think he and Pace make those calls and don’t seriously consult guys outside circle of trust.   I think they listen to their opinion, but I don’t think they take it serious.  

I think Harry Heistand didn’t get to make calls on OL starters or I suspect it.  I think he got saddled with Long past his due date for example.  He couldn’t have been that blind.   Heistand practiced far away from Nagy at Bourbannis, when I went I watched Heistand’s drills.  No way was best 5 OL starting from a full day of drills.  

I think Juan can because I believe he is in circle.  

I don’t know that Desai is in that circle.  The circle seems to consist of former KC guys and Pace.  Pace just because he is boss.

I think Vic Fangio could when he was DC because he had so much seniority over Nagy in experience.   I think Fangio would have walked had Nagy told him who to start.  

Maybe Desai has that kind of discretion, I don’t really know. 

• Like 1