Preseason Week 3: New England Patriots @ New York Giants

Acgott

13 hours ago, Acgott said:

It’s the worse he’s even been. Not sure what he’s doing today.

He overcorrected. No idea how the coaches let that happen, but it is what happened. He spent the first half of last year getting beat inside regularly. He got it fixed towards the end of the year. But now, he is protecting his inside shoulder too much and not opening up enough, literally the exact opposite of those problems last year, and getting beat around the edge.

I will say I think that first sack was more on Jones and Larsen than Thomas, but the second was just him getting beat. Hand usage was bad. Really, really poor night from him and it has me truly worried.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 10Manning10 said:

This oline plain sucks. Thomas and Peart are going to get Jones killed. Gettleman better be self aware his job IS on the line this season. Multiple sacks that were given up by the forementioned guys who are still doing the same mistakes they did last season. Not acceptable. Who was it that gave me crap about taking a WR in rd1 and making a dumb trade down when Parsons and Slater were there for the taking? Oh and how is Aaron Robinson working out? Better yet how about headcase Toney? I'm sick of ppl saying the preseason doesn't matter. Record wise it doesn't, but team cohesion wise it matters beyond belief. U wanna see flashes from the rookies, solid play from your 2nd year guys and veterans and im not seeing anything from the starting oline that would warrant me to believe that we are heading for a "glorious" season. DJ's pick in the end zone.. pitiful. 3rd year bro.. and your still making a horrible decision like that? not good. 

It's discouraging when you recall that Gettleman's whole deal was fixing the offensive line and he hasn't done it yet.

I would have taken Christian Darrisaw instead of Toney, and that's if there had been a trade-down at all. (More likely I would have kept our original pick and taken Slater.)

That said, I trust Joe Judge to make the best of what we have. Toney and Robinson won't make immediate contributions but even without them, we have a solid secondary and receiving core. This season is about pursuing a winning record, not achieving glory.

Edited by y*so*blu