Refs made the game difficult, but the offense flat out QUIT

iloxygenil

On 10/4/2021 at 9:25 AM, scar988 said:

Mayfield has been excellent the last two games. You just hate the guy to hate the guy and need to chill out on him.

So going full matador allowing Matt to get wrecked. That’s what your standard of excellence is? Got it. 

Still getting all the help in the world in terms of the scheme and still can’t hand off a stunt at all. He’s hot garbage. 

59 minutes ago, iloxygenil said:

So going full matador allowing Matt to get wrecked. That’s what your standard of excellence is? Got it. 

Still getting all the help in the world in terms of the scheme and still can’t hand off a stunt at all. He’s hot garbage. 

He had maybe 2 bad snaps all game vs. Washington. I was sitting there at the game watching it. He was perfectly fine. I've gone back and watched the game. Still perfectly fine. 2 bad snaps in pass pro. Very good in the run game. He's not hot garbage. You just wrote him off after the first game.

Mayfield was perfect for all but a QB hit by Jonathan Allen and then a later pass through on a screen play where he should have tapped Deron Payne, but Payne got a hit on that one. He just ole'd that. But acting like he was terrible is just being dumb, dude. Open your mind. He was admittedly atrocious week one. He was better in week 2, but still struggled. Week 3, he was just plain good. Week 4, he wasn't as good as week 3, but he was better than PFF would make you think. I hate their OL grading system. His run blocking has been better than his pass pro, for sure, but he wasn't just some turnstile, and he is a rookie and rookies get beat sometimes.

There is so much going wrong that it's hard at this point to pass the blame around. We would have won if;

-WR's (looking at you Ridley) would stop dropping catchable passes.
-SOMEONE would get to the QB. I mean, Heinicke was pressured like what, 4 times? That's disgraceful.
-AS would have been more agressive and trusted MR on that second to last series. Overall the playcalls were decent but I would have liked for AS to realize that when Matt Ryan is this hot you let him setup the run with the passing game, not the other way around. I mean what on earth is the point of repeatedly running Mike "1 ypc" Davis in a brickwall?
-DB's holding on too like the 4 chances of an interception would also have helped.

The good thing is that all of the above is technically fixable and seems mostly to be a lack of synergy and understanding of the scheme. Pees might be able to generate a passrush once the defence gets comfortable with the new scheme. Same goes for Ridley catching passes once he gets intune with the offensive scheme.

Massive shoutout to CP though; he's playing like I was hoping Mike Davis would play as, as a frikkin beast.

Glad to know people see it my way and not yours Scar. PFF analysis and HD83 both agree with me. He was tragic on Sunday again, not just in pass pro but played a MAJOR role in Davis having 0 chance in the backfield. It’s no surprise that our big success running came from the right side. We ran left and Pitts and Mayfield just full on did nothing. 

We run right with Gallman and get our best runs of the day. Mayfield is hot garbage 

1 hour ago, iloxygenil said:

Glad to know people see it my way and not yours Scar. PFF analysis and HD83 both agree with me. He was tragic on Sunday again, not just in pass pro but played a MAJOR role in Davis having 0 chance in the backfield. It’s no surprise that our big success running came from the right side. We ran left and Pitts and Mayfield just full on did nothing. 

We run right with Gallman and get our best runs of the day. Mayfield is hot garbage 

PFF is garbage when it comes to OL grading. Also, Mayfield is a rookie. You want someone to truly blame late? it wasn't Mayfield. It was McGary. Great run blocker, but he's absolute dog**** against anyone better than replacement level as a pass rusher. Chase Young was schooling him all game.

Very glad Pitts played well today. These 1 hand snags are becoming almost too common for him. Until Davis coughed the ball up he was finally starting to look a little okay, he just has to stop dancing quite so much. 

Mayfield again was underwhelming but the line gave 0 sacks as a whole so I’m glad for that. 

Defense without Fowler lacks pass rush even worse than with him but Grady keeps putting in work 

On 10/11/2021 at 3:46 PM, iloxygenil said:

Very glad Pitts played well today. These 1 hand snags are becoming almost too common for him. Until Davis coughed the ball up he was finally starting to look a little okay, he just has to stop dancing quite so much. 

Mayfield again was underwhelming but the line gave 0 sacks as a whole so I’m glad for that. 

Defense without Fowler lacks pass rush even worse than with him but Grady keeps putting in work 

This could have been an ugly game but luckily it wasn't. The Jets passrush seemed pretty enemic but let's hope that was more down to good Oline play and less down to them playing bad. Agreed on the lack of passrush on defence, I really miss the days of Abraham and it would make the work of the rest of the defence a lot easier.

Overall the team seems to be starting to get the playbook down and improve week to week, even when taking into account it was the Jets. AS called a good game and didn't get complacent in the end. All good signs.

Imo Dolphins could be a bit of a trapgame, I feel like we always play down too their level when we play them. Hoping it will be a blowout since we're going to need the momentum heading into a very though second half of the schedual.

Best case scenario they keep improving every week throughout the season, we end up with maybe a wildcard birth and play some team hard in the playoffs, add some more talent to the team during the offseason and get ready to content next year.

• Like 1

On 10/11/2021 at 9:46 AM, iloxygenil said:

Mayfield had 0 pressures allowed and created quite a few lanes in the rushing game. I really don't get why you hate the guy so much. He was actually very good this week.