Sacksonville: The Next Orange Crush/Legion of Boom?

everlong

3 hours ago, jrry32 said:

How do we know? Blake tended to play his best in the biggest moments in college. What happens if he's another Eli or Flacco or Sanchez?

Fair point, we don’t know the future with certainty. 

I don’t actually believe Bortles will suddenly start becoming a good decision maker or smart QB in the post season. Flacco was at least an above average QB and Manning a pretty good one before they elevated their play. Sanchez just became a better game manager, which I suppose Bortles could get to? That’s not really his style though.

6 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

Fair point, we don’t know the future with certainty. 

I don’t actually believe Bortles will suddenly start becoming a good decision maker or smart QB in the post season. Flacco was at least an above average QB and Manning a pretty good one before they elevated their play. Sanchez just became a better game manager, which I suppose Bortles could get to? That’s not really his style though.

Sanchez was a turnover machine during the regular season. Eli was too before his first Super Bowl run (and a lot of people considered him a bust). Both of those guys flipped some switch and started making smart plays in the playoffs. Will be interesting to see which direction Bortles goes if the Jags make the playoffs.

Archived