(Poll) Predict the Wins-Losses During the 2 Tough 4-Game Stretches

Empire Lies

(Poll) Predict the Win-Loss Record During the Tough 4-Game Stretches  

19 members have voted

1. 1. What's the Win-Loss Record during the 1st Tough 4 Game Stretch (Wk 4 - @Minnesota Vikings, Wk 5 - @Los Angeles Chargers, Wk 6 - Arizona Cardinals, Wk 7 - Denver Broncos)

2. 2. What's the Win-Loss Record during the 2nd Tough 4 Game Stretch (Wk 12 - @Baltimore Ravens, Wk 14 - Baltimore Ravens, Wk 15 - Oakland Raiders, Wk 16 - @Green Bay Packers)

3. 3. What word will best characterize Baker Mayfield's play after those 8 games against top competition?

15 hours ago, Empire Lies said:

Based on many comments by Rams/Chargers opponents this year including Tom Brady, Dak Prescott,

Source of the Dak stuff? Because I looked for it to see what was said and this is what I found. 

Literally the Cowboys said it was like a home game for them. So how is that home field advantage for the chargers?

9 hours ago, buno67 said:

Ok you are discrediting last year. so sofi had held 3 games. Way too small of a sample size to start calling it on of the toughest places so hard. Might be tough for guys barely having experience of playing there cause it’s a new field 

I think discredit is a strong word given that last year stadiums were empty versus now. I think it's an appropriate analysis to not value last year's experiences in stadiums especially in states/jurisdictions where the pandemic did not allow for fan attendance.

However, I do completely agree that it is a small sample size

8 hours ago, buno67 said:

Source of the Dak stuff? Because I looked for it to see what was said and this is what I found. 

8 hours ago, buno67 said:

@Empire Lies so from What I have read from articles and Twitter stuff, that sofi is a tough spot when you are playing the Rams, which makes sense since the Rams are the better team and have the better fan base. 

I haven't read the Twitter stuff, but I based the conception that SoFi's noise challenge is one of the toughest in the NFL based first on the comments stated by Bucky Brooks, Daniel Jeremiah, Matt Smith, and the Around the NFL Podcast guys via their various podcasts & media appearances this year regarding what they've heard from coaches, scouts, and players (in the case of Brooks, Jeremiah, and Smith), as well as how they've compared it to their experiences with gameday noise around the league. A lot of it having not just to do with fans but the unique enclosure and soccer stadium design of SoFi itself.  The ATN guys talked more so about the stadium design and how it effects gameday noise experience.

Then, there were Brady's Rams postgame comments via his presser as well as his comments to media members postgame about how much of a noise challenge it was. On the podcast, I thought they mentioned how Dak said it was loud postgame, but I must've been mistaken in that what Dak meant was that it was loud in the favor of Cowboys fans not the Chargers. So, maybe the dynamic plays out differently for Rams home field advantage vs Chargers home field advantage. 

Edited by Empire Lies