Kevin Fishbain Answers Fan Questions.........For Discussion

soulman

16 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Top 10 is stretching it. I'm certainly not okay with a 8-12/yr deal but that's the going rate.

I don't think anybody really has a good grip on Montgomery's ability. He's been a bit hampered since coming back from his injury, too. (Maybe came back too soon? I dunno.)

The best move would probably be to give him decent money, but keep the length of the contract short. Now we'll see if Pace is in charge of making that decision, or what...

15 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Fishbain was talking about not getting more than a 2nd or 3rd for Smith, not Trevathan, so that was Heinz's response

Yeah. It wouldn't be hard to get more in total value than a 2nd or 3rd for Smith. I'd wager you could get a first, and then some, from somebody. 

On 12/5/2021 at 9:02 AM, Heinz D. said:

I don't think anybody really has a good grip on Montgomery's ability. He's been a bit hampered since coming back from his injury, too. (Maybe came back too soon? I dunno.)

The best move would probably be to give him decent money, but keep the length of the contract short. Now we'll see if Pace is in charge of making that decision, or what...

Yesterdays game should have answered more questions about Monty and his value to the team.  He has 90 yard rushing and another 51 yards on receptions so 141 total yards out of 341 total yards.   That 41% of the offense Monty was responsible for.  He's good RB.

He's under contract through 2022 so unless he become more injury prone or Herbert can wrangling his #1 spot away I'd prefer we offer him a 3 year extension.  The only way I let him walk is if he's too beat up to continue to be the tough yardage back he is or he wants more than we'll pay.

Every NFL team needs at least two good NFL caliber RBs.  We have two now.  No sense losing one unless we have his equal already in hand and we don't.  Monty and Herbert make a good pairing and I'd prefer we spend our FA $$$ and draft picks on other positions of greater need.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, soulman said:

Every NFL team needs at least two good NFL caliber RBs.  We have two now.  No sense losing one unless we have his equal already in hand and we don't.  Monty and Herbert make a good pairing and I'd prefer we spend our FA $$$ and draft picks on other positions of greater need.

Yeah...I may have not been clear. I want Montgomery to remain a Bear. If he's not their best offensive player right now, he's top 3. And, let's be real, you gotta love the guy if you're a football fan. He deserves to get paid. How much? That's the debate. 

• Like 1