BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

3 minutes ago, Blue said:

That's not true and you know it. They also signed Jackson almost certainly knowing he might not be ready for Week 1. This is like saying Eric Stokes or Jaire Alexander aren't good because Green Bay resigned Rasul Douglas.

But those two are starters they played 100% of the snaps. Rasul played 66%. Rasul isn’t taking any snaps from them. Like JC took 100% away from Davis. Bit of a different situation.

Just now, Blue said:

That's not true and you know it. They also signed Jackson almost certainly knowing he might not be ready for Week 1. This is like saying Eric Stokes or Jaire Alexander aren't good because Green Bay resigned Rasul Douglas.

Its your opinion that its not true.  Also, its nothing like that. Stokes and Alexander are the starters, they didnt lose their starting job to Douglas.

Mike Davis lost his job to Jackson. HUGE difference. I also didnt say Davis wasnt good, what i did say was they must have felt he wasnt the best option and signed someone to replace him in that starting role.

1 minute ago, Scoundrel said:

But those two are starters they played 100% of the snaps. Rasul played 66%

Oh, did you know that when they resigned Rasul?

1 minute ago, Jlash said:

These guys are no Bryce Callahan, I'll tell you what.

I figure they planned on either moving Jackson around the formation based on matchups or playing Samuel in the slot. They're paying Michael Davis an awful lot of money just to bench him to get Bryce Callahan on the field.

Just now, wwhickok said:

Its your opinion that its not true.  Also, its nothing like that. Stokes and Alexander are the starters, they didnt lose their starting job to Douglas.

Mike Davis lost his job to Jackson. HUGE difference. I also didnt say Davis wasnt good, what i did say was they must have felt he wasnt the best option and signed someone to replace him in that starting role.

Oh no, a guy lost his job to a guy coming off an All-Pro season. I guess anyone who isn't an All-Pro is ******* terrible now.

2 minutes ago, Blue said:

Oh no, a guy lost his job to a guy coming off an All-Pro season. I guess anyone who isn't an All-Pro is ******* terrible now.

You said that, not me. But he didnt just go from not being the starter, he went from not being the starter to being the #4 CB

I know its a hard pill to swallow that maybe not everyone on your team is elite but its true.

Just now, wwhickok said:

You said that, not me. But he didnt just go from not being the starter, he went from not being the starter to being the #4 CB

I know its a hard pill to swallow that maybe not everyone on your team is elite but its true.

Because Samuel and Jackson were the outside corners and Davis isn't an outside corner. It's not my fault you don't understand slot and boundary corners require different skillsets.

https://www.latimes.com/sports/chargers/story/2022-08-23/chargers-jc-jackson-ankle-surgery

In Jackson’s absence, Michael Davis and Asante Samuel Jr. are the Chargers’ top two outside cornerbacks. Veteran Bryce Callahan, another free-agent signing, is their starting slot corner.

Davis, a starter since midway through the 2018 season, opened training camp playing behind Samuel. He eventually surpassed Samuel, however, moving up to the first team and playing opposite Jackson.