Trade rumor/suggestion thread

resilient part 2

Just now, MookieMonster said:

You could say nobody on Boston "creates for others" yet here they are, running an incredibly efficient offense. Everyone in the offense creates for others, because they've all bought in and play within the system.

It seems to me that you're the one offended by throwing out insults. You do you though.

No I couldn't, because it's not true. Kyrie does it. Terry Rozier does it. Gordon Hayward does it. Marcus Smart does it when he feels like it. Al Horford does it. Guerschon Yabusele has done it overseas, and in due time I'm sure he'll do it here.

When did I throw out an insult? You say, "this take is bad and you should feel bad" but I'm the one hurling insults? Got it. 

1 minute ago, utley4568 said:

No I couldn't, because it's not true. Kyrie does it. Terry Rozier does it. Gordon Hayward does it. Marcus Smart does it when he feels like it. Al Horford does it. Guerschon Yabusele has done it overseas, and in due time I'm sure he'll do it here.

When did I throw out an insult? You say, "this take is bad and you should feel bad" but I'm the one hurling insults? Got it. 

Telling you an opinion is bad and that you should feel bad, isn't an insult. Condescending remarks are insulting.

Jaylen Brown's job isn't to run the offense and get assists, that doesn't mean he's not capable of doing so because he's shown plenty of flashes of good court vision and good passing. He's a scorer and a defender on this team because thats all he needs to be, but he has a well rounded offensive game and plays good defense. You saying his ceiling was a 3/D guy was a bad take my man.

1 minute ago, bkobow05 said:

I definitely don't take Terry Rozier and future picks for a top 5 pick. Not when Rozier has one year left on his deal and he's really not that good anyways.

I mean... Rozier showed what he can do when he's the starting PG and it was pretty good. A future top 5 Sac pick and a future lottery Mem pick on top of Terry Rozier is a pretty dang good return.

1 minute ago, MookieMonster said:

I mean... Rozier showed what he can do when he's the starting PG and it was pretty good. A future top 5 Sac pick and a future lottery Mem pick on top of Terry Rozier is a pretty dang good return.

Not really. Not when you have to pay Rozier in a season.

1 minute ago, MookieMonster said:

Telling you an opinion is bad and that you should feel bad, isn't an insult. Condescending remarks are insulting.

Jaylen Brown's job isn't to run the offense and get assists, that doesn't mean he's not capable of doing so because he's shown plenty of flashes of good court vision and good passing. He's a scorer and a defender on this team because thats all he needs to be, but he has a well rounded offensive game and plays good defense. You saying his ceiling was a 3/D guy was a bad take my man.

He hasn't. He's shown average vision and passing, dating back to his Wheeler days, his u18 days, and back at Cal. He's never going to be LeBron or Kawhi. He's a 3-and-D guy. It is what it is. He's just an elite one because he can attack a closeout and moves really well off ball.

Just now, utley4568 said:

He hasn't. He's shown average vision and passing, dating back to his Wheeler days, his u18 days, and back at Cal. He's never going to be LeBron or Kawhi. He's a 3-and-D guy. It is what it is. He's just an elite one because he can attack a closeout and moves really well off ball.

So what you're saying is...He can attack and finish at the rim and essentially does everything well offensively but in the same breath saying he can only shoot 3s.

giphy.gif

Rozier shouldn't/won't get anything close to a max. He can probably be had at a reasonable contract.

Not worth gambling a top 5 pick on something he could "probably" get. I'd rather keep the pick and pay Patrick Beverley significantly less to do the same thing.

Then so be it. Celtics would be stupid to move Jaylen Brown for a draft pick.

I never said anything about Jaylen Brown. Just telling you Terry Rozier's value isn't what you think it is.

Just now, bkobow05 said:

I never said anything about Jaylen Brown. Just telling you Terry Rozier's value isn't what you think it is.

That deal is less about Terry Rozier and more about the two lottery picks. Rozier is just our best moveable trade asset.

Archived