Masahiro Tanaka does not opt out, stays with Yankees for 3/67 million

JammerHammer21

9 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Would be nice if they had a DH who could hit. A reliever is never a bad deal, but they seem set there (especially if Betances figures his crap out). Could throw some money at a temporary fix at 2nd or 3rd (depending on where you see Gleyber playing).

Ultimately, I agree that we should be looking for a one-year deal, but I'd rather us not re-sign C.C. Hopefully, Otani makes this point moot.

I honestly don't think they need to find a player just to be the DH.

Our OF is already crowded enough with Hicks, Gardner, Judge, Ellsbury (please please please trade him) and Fraizer.

I see Gleyber coming sooner than later, Andujar too, so you have Headley and them two with one DH spot. 

Good problem to have, but I don't see them signing a guy to be the DH. 

On 11/3/2017 at 8:11 PM, hrubes20 said:

A ticking time bomb for a UCL AND coming off a mediocre year? He wasn’t getting a mega deal. Unless you are considering something like 5 years and 100 million a mega deal (which it isn’t these days).

I think 5/100 was a no brainer and possibly more which is why I expected him to opt-out. 

Yes he had a mediocre year but underlying numbers were good, highest strikeouts of his career, he's in his prime and has excellent stuff.  And he pitched great down the stretch and in the playoffs.  I think someone would've taken a gamble on his age 29-33+ seasons at a high AAV.

On 11/4/2017 at 6:03 PM, Thelonebillsfan said:

What young players? C.C. is your fifth starter and was worth 2-3 wins. You're not gonna find much better than that. If you're calling up Chance Adams it's certainly not to replace C.C. That's market AAV for a quality fifth arm. 

Chance Adams, Domingo Acevedo, and Justus Sheffield would probably be the guys competing, along with some journeyman vets and others.  All have a lot of upside.  I'd probably tend to agree its not worth dumping CC yet if you can fit him under the budget, because none of those guys have pitched in the big leagues and CC is a great clubhouse guy. 

Archived