Armsteeld February 1st Mock

armsteeld

21 hours ago, jebrick said:

With how the current defense is set up, the DE's are DTs in a 4-3.  Just that, besides Hayward, they are not very good at it.

Facts!!! That is why I am hoping for change.  We keep doing the same things and don't adjust. Do something different. Scheme differently and bring in some players with different strengths and abilities. The ones currently on the roster cannot consistently do what s required in this scheme. 

Change players, incorporate some other things, or change the entire scheme. I think it is an easier transition to incorporate some different schemes and players than to blow it all up so to speak. 

• 2 weeks later...

You have a good eye. And I respect your passion. 

The first two picks are good if you pick like 8th overall. Davis is not a true nose tackle, which is why I like him. In a draft devoid of premium talent, middle 1st round guys elevate themselves to the top 10. Cross, Linderbaum, Willis, the DBs, Davis... Anyone that has a speck of talent will rise, because it's so bad. Christian Ponder draft bad. And the QBs are the same as that draft too.

If you wanna find yourself a starter in round two plug a guard, a position that's undervalued, in your spot at the top of the 2nd round. You just hit two home runs with your first two picks, which is why I subscribe to tanking. It's like poker. You get it in when you got the best of it, and you get out when you don't. Playing every hand is not a good standard. 

Bo be melton my heart this Valentine's Day. He should be middle of the draft (Rd 3-5). 

Kadafi Wright is extremely raw at the LB position, but he squats on routes like a DB.

Mostly, I was impressed with your inclusion of draft picks. I would expect the 6th Rd pick from KC to come here. And I don't really concern myself with fake news, but losing Dupree; Hilton; who played in the Super Bowl, Feiler, Conner, not too mention extra filler. Yet, bringing in the demon Miles Killebrew, the stalwart Joe Haeg, and BJ Finney somehow equates to only a loss of one is one of the sickest jokes I've ever seen.

I disagree with round three comp bc Dupree was a bust. I would expect us to have a pick in every round. Two in seven. And I'm hoping to get one more via trade.