Your Top 5 Favorite NCAA Prospects (in order) @ Every Position?

DefenseWinsChampionships

43 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Not knocking him but did he have that massive production because the rest of his offense sucked and they force fed him?

That can also be a good thing knowing defenses had to key him as the #1 weapon like Kelce and he still put up massive numbers.

I just ask myself imagine if he had an elite QB, how even more unstoppable would he have been? 

His QB was a 5th year Senior by the name of Todd Centeio; and he stinks. 

Todd Centeio: 2021

• 36th in passing yards.

• 71st in TDs thrown. 

• 84th in completion percentage.

• 79th in QB Rating.

That was his crap QB and you mean to tell me that Trey McBride was still able to receive and earn the John Mackey Award for the Nation's #1 and best TE within the Country? 

2002: Dallas Clark. 

2003: Kellen Winslow II. 

2004: Heath Miller. 

2005: Marcedes Lewis. 

2009: Aaron Hernandez. 

2012: Tyler Eifert. 

2013: Austin Seferian-Jenkins. 

2015: Hunter Henry. 

2017: Mark Andrews. 

2018: T. J. Hockenson. 

2020: Kyle Pitts. 

2021: Trey McBride. 

How Trey McBride was able to win the Country's best NCAA TE award despite having the NCAAs worst bottom 100 QB is simply beyond me. 

35 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I agree. We sign Schultz the need for a TE in the 1st couple rounds isn’t needed anymore. But I still want us to draft a TE. But we don’t need to be drafting rotational players with our 1st 4 picks. When we can use starters in several areas. We sign a guy like Njoku AND draft McBride… it’s an open competition IMO who will start.

Even if we sign my dream FA TE of Dalton Schultz I'd still draft Trey McBride 2nd round (if still available). 

Because an awesome TE is a (younger) QBs best friend so why not provide a young gun kid QB in Zach Wilson with not one but instead two of them? 

Just think back and look @ what N.E did for Tom Brady with both of Rob Gronkowski and Aaron Hernandez when going two TE sets. For 3 years that TE duo was physically and mentally unstable to stop. 

Our TE room is unfortunately full of 4 absolute crap TEs with Griffin/Kroft/Wesco/Brown (and the only one I'd keep around is maybe Kenny Yeboah who only had 2 catches as a Rookie). 

1A.) Dalton Schultz. 

1.B) Trey McBride. 

and/or...

1A.) Trey McBride. 

1B.) Dalton Schultz. 

Either way you go Zach Wilson now has playmaking TEs and the Jets TE room doesn't stink for the first time in over 30 years (minus, Dustin Keller). 

WR: Elijah Moore.

WR: Drake London. 

WR: Corey Davis. 

TE: Dalton Schultz. 

TE: Trey McBride. 

RB: Michael Carter. 

When running 3 WR/2TE/1 RB sets that Offense above would give Zach Wilson so many options it's scary.

1 hour ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

I just ask myself imagine if he had an elite QB, how even more unstoppable would he have been? 

His QB was a 5th year Senior by the name of Todd Centeio; and he stinks. 

Todd Centeio: 2021

• 36th in passing yards.

• 71st in TDs thrown. 

• 84th in completion percentage.

• 79th in QB Rating.

That was his crap QB and you mean to tell me that Trey McBride was still able to receive and earn the John Mackey Award for the Nation's #1 and best TE within the Country? 

2002: Dallas Clark. 

2003: Kellen Winslow II. 

2004: Heath Miller. 

2005: Marcedes Lewis. 

2009: Aaron Hernandez. 

2012: Tyler Eifert. 

2013: Austin Seferian-Jenkins. 

2015: Hunter Henry. 

2017: Mark Andrews. 

2018: T. J. Hockenson. 

2020: Kyle Pitts. 

2021: Trey McBride. 

How Trey McBride was able to win the Country's best NCAA TE award despite having the NCAAs worst bottom 100 QB is simply beyond me. 

With how well those names have faired I am definitely leaning more towards McBride now. 

We go McBride and RG R2, LB R3, double dip Safety R4 like we did with LB and CB last year. 👍🏼

47 minutes ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

Even if we sign my dream FA TE of Dalton Schultz I'd still draft Trey McBride 2nd round (if still available). 

Because an awesome TE is a (younger) QBs best friend so why not provide a young gun kid QB in Zach Wilson with not one but instead two of them? 

Just think back and look @ what N.E did for Tom Brady with both of Rob Gronkowski and Aaron Hernandez when going two TE sets. For 3 years that TE duo was physically and mentally unstable to stop. 

Our TE room is unfortunately full of 4 absolute crap TEs with Griffin/Kroft/Wesco/Brown (and the only one I'd keep around is maybe Kenny Yeboah who only had 2 catches as a Rookie). 

1A.) Dalton Schultz. 

1.B) Trey McBride. 

and/or...

1A.) Trey McBride. 

1B.) Dalton Schultz. 

Either way you go Zach Wilson now has playmaking TEs and the Jets TE room doesn't stink for the first time in over 30 years (minus, Dustin Keller). 

WR: Elijah Moore.

WR: Drake London. 

WR: Corey Davis. 

TE: Dalton Schultz. 

TE: Trey McBride. 

RB: Michael Carter. 

When running 3 WR/2TE/1 RB sets that Offense above would give Zach Wilson so many options it's scary.

I mean I wouldn’t hate it. But let’s say we went Ikem and Ojabo Round 1 and we didn’t do anything at WR Or the secondary in FA. Utilizing our resources would be better to go WR and a S or CB in Round 2 instead of a TE. And not that LaFleur wouldn’t utilize his resources if we did sign Schultz and draft McBride… but I don’t think the Shanahan system runs a ton of 2 TE sets. Especially 2 TEs that neither are particularly good at blocking.

34 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I mean I wouldn’t hate it. But let’s say we went Ikem and Ojabo Round 1 and we didn’t do anything at WR Or the secondary in FA. Utilizing our resources would be better to go WR and a S or CB in Round 2 instead of a TE. And not that LaFleur wouldn’t utilize his resources if we did sign Schultz and draft McBride… but I don’t think the Shanahan system runs a ton of 2 TE sets. Especially 2 TEs that neither are particularly good at blocking.

Where are you coming up with this lack of run blocking especially in regards to Trey McBride?

Trey McBride is one of the most dominant TEs in run blocking he's got next level run blocking abilities. He absolutely punishers his opponents as a blocker.

Maybe you read a false report or something because Trey McBride plays his TE with a nasty and physical demeanor. He doesn't only enjoy physical contact he goes out of his way to seek it. 

And his blocking technique in both run blocking and pass protection is extremely impressive due to his wrestling background. 

Trey McBride is actually an awesome blocker for a TE. 

Edited by DefenseWinsChampionships

41 minutes ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

Where are you coming up with this lack of run blocking especially in regards to Trey McBride?

Trey McBride is one of the most dominant TEs in run blocking he's got next level run blocking abilities. He absolutely punishers his opponents as a blocker.

Maybe you read a false report or something because Trey McBride plays his TE with a nasty and physical demeanor. He doesn't only enjoy physical contact he goes out of his way to seek it. 

And his blocking technique in both run blocking and pass protection is extremely impressive due to his wrestling background. 

Trey McBride is actually an awesome blocker for a TE. 

He can hold his own. Which if he’s a TE catching for 750yds and 8 TDs every year I can sacrifice some run blocking. But I’d say he’s far from an “awesome” blocker. He’s ok and willing. Which if he’s a receiving threat… is enough.

We haven't drafted an absolute true outside #1 WR since dating back to 1996 in #19 Keyshawn Johnson of 26 years ago (out of USC). 

Drake London was without question the most dominant WR of 2022 and athletism @ 6'5 is absolutely FREAKISH; he reminds me of Mike Evans on steroids.

He's a must have @ #10 overall. 

30 minutes ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

We haven't drafted an absolute true outside #1 WR since dating back to 1996 in #19 Keyshawn Johnson of 26 years ago (out of USC). 

Drake London was without question the most dominant WR of 2022 and athletism @ 6'5 is absolutely FREAKISH; he reminds me of Mike Evans on steroids.

He's a must have @ #10 overall. 

I'm a Drake London fan. But he really just doesn't fit this system (kind of why Mims didn't succeed this year). This system relies on quickness and creating separation. Which neither are London's strengths. London's strengths are his route running, winning 50/50 balls and using his body to box out defenders. Great traits in a lot of systems, just not ours. He moves great for his size, but is limited bc of his size where he's still not creating that separation that you'd like a star WR to get. I would also question his blocking which if effort when you're 6'5" 215lbs, but that can be coached and demanded from a staff. Maybe USC just wasn't demanding him to do that. But our system does like blocking WRs as well.

If you want the best of both worlds with a big bodied WR that fits this system more... look no further than Treylon Burks. 6'3" 225lbs and creates great separation and has great quickness. Also apparently has freakish hands (10.5" is what I've heard). He plays pretty much like a bigger Deebo Samuel just bigger. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I'm a Drake London fan. But he really just doesn't fit this system (kind of why Mims didn't succeed this year). This system relies on quickness and creating separation. Which neither are London's strengths. London's strengths are his route running, winning 50/50 balls and using his body to box out defenders. Great traits in a lot of systems, just not ours. He moves great for his size, but is limited bc of his size where he's still not creating that separation that you'd like a star WR to get. I would also question his blocking which if effort when you're 6'5" 215lbs, but that can be coached and demanded from a staff. Maybe USC just wasn't demanding him to do that. But our system does like blocking WRs as well.

If you want the best of both worlds with a big bodied WR that fits this system more... look no further than Treylon Burks. 6'3" 225lbs and creates great separation and has great quickness. Also apparently has freakish hands (10.5" is what I've heard). He plays pretty much like a bigger Deebo Samuel just bigger. 

I couldn't care less about our system because Mike LaFleur won't be here for too much longer. He's going to leave us for HC like his older brother. 

I want to build around Zach Wilson (not our OC) because last year he struggled without having a true outside #1 WR who's physical (Corey Davis isn't the answer). 

You think any teams regardless of system would say no to Mike Evans? No. They wouldn't. Because he's a beast WR @ 6'5 and a true #1 WR (Zach Wilson deserves that).

And Burks is nothing like Drake London. 

Drake London: 8 Games.

88 Receptions (11.0 per game). 

1,084 Receiving yards (135.5 per game). 

7 TD Receptions (0.8 per game). 

Vs. 

Treylon Burks: 12 games. 

66 Receptions (5.5 per game). 

1,104 Receiving Yards (92 per game). 

11 TD Receptions (0.9 per game). 

Also....

DRAKE LONDON: 8 games. 

• 7 games of 9+ receptions (9, 9, 10, 12, 13, 15 and 16). 

• 6/8 games of 100+ receiving yards (130, 137, 162, 165, 170 and 171).

Vs. 

Treylon Burks: 12 games

• 1 game of 9 receptions (9 = season high). 

• 6/12 games of 100+ receiving yards (109, 127, 129, 136, 167, 179). 

Drake London is the much more dominant (physical) true outside #1 WR and give Drake London another 4 games and he would've absolutely destroyed Burks (more than he already did). 

Not even Kyle Hamilton @ FS could double team over the top and stop Drake London because against Notre Dame Drake London went off for 15 receptions and 171 receiving yards. 

There is no way I'm passing that up and all because of "Mike LaFleur and his system" because Kedon Slovis is one of my least favorite QB prospects and I can not IMAGINE how much more dominant Drake London would look once alongside of Zach Wilson's A+ arm talents. Drake London is truly unstoppable. 

4 minutes ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

I couldn't care less about our system because Mike LaFleur won't be here for too much longer. He's going to leave us for HC like his older brother. 

I want to build around Zach Wilson (not our OC) because last year he struggled without having a true outside #1 WR who's physical (Corey Davis isn't the answer). 

You think any teams regardless of system would say no to Mike Evans? No. They wouldn't. Because he's a beast WR @ 6'5 and a true #1 WR (Zach Wilson deserves that).

And Burks is nothing like Drake London. 

Drake London: 8 Games.

88 Receptions (11.0 per game). 

1,084 Receiving yards (135.5 per game). 

7 TD Receptions (0.8 per game). 

=

• 7 games of 9+ receptions (9, 9, 10, 12, 13, 15 and 16). 

• 6/8 games of 100+ receiving yards (130, 137, 162, 165, 170 and 171).

Vs. 

Treylon Burks: 12 games. 

66 Receptions (5.5 per game). 

1,104 Receiving Yards (92 per game). 

11 TD Receptions (0.9 per game). 

• 1 game of 9 receptions (9 = season high). 

• 6/12 games of 100+ receiving yards (109, 127, 129, 136, 167, 179). 

Drake London is the much more dominant (physical) true #1 outside WR and give Drake London another 4 games and he would've absolutely destroyed "Burks" more than he already did. 

Not even Kyle Hamilton @ FS could double team over the top and stop Drake London because against Notre Dame Drake London went off for 15 receptions and 171 receiving yards. 

https://youtu.be/lbDO1GO8Yew

There is no way I'm passing that up and all because of "Mike LaFleur and his system" because Kedon Slovis is one of my least favorite QB prospects and I can not IMAGINE how much more dominant Drake London would look once alongside Zach Wilson's A+ arm talents. 

Treylon Burks is nothingness in comparison to Drake London dude. 

You might not care but Saleh, JD and LaFleur do. LaFleur would have to be incredible this next year in order to get a HC job. And quite frankly... if he looks incredible this next season that means that Wilson and our offense played good. Which I think we'd all sign up for. And to go further down the coaching staff... Calabrese would probably take over as OC if LaFleur did leave in a year or 2. Who would run the same system as LaFleur. So while YOU don't care about the system.... the Jets do. So not to sounds rude.... what you care about really doesn't matter. And I think a you probably need to start viewing things on not how YOU want things done. But think of ACTUAL fits for us, look at JD's ACTUAL draft and FA tendencies. Not just what YOU want.

I can say all I want that I want us to sign all of Davante Adams, Terron Armstead, Chandler Jones, Marcus Williams, JC Jackson, Dalton Schultz and De'vondra Campbell and then draft Aidan Hutchinson and Evan Neal. But it's not happening and unrealistic. 

9 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

You might not care but Saleh, JD and LaFleur do. LaFleur would have to be incredible this next year in order to get a HC job. And quite frankly... if he looks incredible this next season that means that Wilson and our offense played good. Which I think we'd all sign up for. And to go further down the coaching staff... Calabrese would probably take over as OC if LaFleur did leave in a year or 2. Who would run the same system as LaFleur. So while YOU don't care about the system.... the Jets do. So not to sounds rude.... what you care about really doesn't matter. And I think a you probably need to start viewing things on not how YOU want things done. But think of ACTUAL fits for us, look at JD's ACTUAL draft and FA tendencies. Not just what YOU want.

I can say all I want that I want us to sign all of Davante Adams, Terron Armstead, Chandler Jones, Marcus Williams, JC Jackson, Dalton Schultz and De'vondra Campbell and then draft Aidan Hutchinson and Evan Neal. But it's not happening and unrealistic. 

Drake London/Elijah Moore becomes our next NYJ version of Keyshawn Johnson/Wayne Chrebet Vol. 2.0 (with more overall talent too).

And everything I seen from Mike LaFleur's system last year showed me 100% that he needed a big time 6'5 true outside #1 dominant physical receiver for Zach Wilson; and Drake London is his guy because Braxton Berrios (little short slot receiver) wasn't getting it done and neither was Jamison Crowder. And Corey Davis is the opposite of a true #1 WR. 

And you expect for me to believe that that's what Zach Wilson needs @ WR? No way. I disagree. 

There is no way that Joe Douglas will pass up on Drake London if he's still available @ 10th overall. 

#1.) Drake London. 

#2.) Elijah Moore. 

Unstoppable.

1 hour ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

Drake London/Elijah Moore becomes our next NYJ version of Keyshawn Johnson/Wayne Chrebet Vol. 2.0 (with more overall talent too).

And everything I seen from Mike LaFleur's system last year showed me 100% that he needed a big time 6'5 true outside #1 dominant physical receiver for Zach Wilson; and Drake London is his guy because Braxton Berrios (little short slot receiver) wasn't getting it done and neither was Jamison Crowder. And Corey Davis is the opposite of a true #1 WR. 

And you expect for me to believe that that's what Zach Wilson needs @ WR? No way. I disagree. 

There is no way that Joe Douglas will pass up on Drake London if he's still available @ 10th overall. 

#1.) Drake London. 

#2.) Elijah Moore. 

Unstoppable.

Once again… that’s what YOU want at WR. And what YOU think we need. But if you look at JDs draft history, Saleh’s system and LaFleurs system… it would dictate you aren’t taking a big bodied WR that struggles to get separation. This is by no means meaning I don’t like London… bc trust me I like him a ton as a prospect. But we don’t run an offense like TB where he could be Evans. London is a better version of Nkeal Harry. And that’s not me saying London will be a failure like Harry has been. Harry is in the wrong system. Much like Mims is right now with us. No sense in trying to fit a square beg into a round hole. There’s prospects a lot of the time that fit any system. Several in this draft. But London is not one of those guys. I am totally on board in thinking we need a great WR for Wilson. So I’m not debating that with you. I’m merely saying that London doesn’t fit our system. And your stance is that you don’t care. And that’s fine. But your going to have a lot of disappointment if you don’t take our system, staff and draft tendencies into consideration. 

18 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Once again… that’s what YOU want at WR. And what YOU think we need. But if you look at JDs draft history, Saleh’s system and LaFleurs system… it would dictate you aren’t taking a big bodied WR that struggles to get separation. This is by no means meaning I don’t like London… bc trust me I like him a ton as a prospect. But we don’t run an offense like TB where he could be Evans. London is a better version of Nkeal Harry. And that’s not me saying London will be a failure like Harry has been. Harry is in the wrong system. Much like Mims is right now with us. No sense in trying to fit a square beg into a round hole. There’s prospects a lot of the time that fit any system. Several in this draft. But London is not one of those guys. I am totally on board in thinking we need a great WR for Wilson. So I’m not debating that with you. I’m merely saying that London doesn’t fit our system. And your stance is that you don’t care. And that’s fine. But your going to have a lot of disappointment if you don’t take our system, staff and draft tendencies into consideration. 

When I look @ JDs draft history outside of a couple players I see a lot of potential busts and Denzel Mims has absolutely nothingness to do with Drake London because I've hated the Denzel Mims pick from day one. 

Mike Evans would 100% be an awesome WR for both Mike LaFleur and Zach Wilson and especially for Elijah Moore. 

Question. 

When JD drafts Drake London for Zach Wilson what are you going to say then? 

39 minutes ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

When I look @ JDs draft history outside of a couple players I see a lot of potential busts and Denzel Mims has absolutely nothingness to do with Drake London because I've hated the Denzel Mims pick from day one. 

Mike Evans would 100% be an awesome WR for both Mike LaFleur and Zach Wilson and especially for Elijah Moore. 

Question. 

When JD drafts Drake London for Zach Wilson what are you going to say then? 

I’ll support the pick bc I actually like London as a player. But I’ll at the same time say he’s a bad system fit.

You at some point have to figure out what you WANT is big time different than what we will more than likely do. You have to take you want and fandom out if it and think about what we might do based on tendencies. Tendencies being staff, GMs draft history and system. You’re taking 0 of that into consideration. Your just considering what you want. You’re not the GM. None of us are. So it’s best to think about reality for what we might do.

I’ll give you examples… our WR system likes great route runners that are great after the catch and create separation. Moore fits that. That’s why he was drafted. Mims was drafted before this staff and doesn’t fit it. Hence why he barely played. AVT was drafted bc we like athletic OLineman and he can play multiple positions. That’s something we look for. We like athletic LBs. So we won’t be drafting 250lb LBs that are thumpers. We don’t value CB and feel like our system can develop good CBs. You saw us draft 2 hybrid S/LBs and 3 CBs in the later rounds. You have to think about these things. Instead of just saying I like a guy and we need to draft him.

10 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I’ll support the pick bc I actually like London as a player. But I’ll at the same time say he’s a bad system fit.

I feel he's a perfect fit alongside of both Zach Wilson and Elijah Moore as a true outside #1 physical and dominant WR @ 6'5 and I believe Mike LaFleur would absolutely love him (any awesome OC would).

And just because Drake London is one of the very best @ 50/50 balls doesn't mean that he struggles to create separation. Because he doesn't. 

Which is why on a per game average he was #1 in both receptions per game (#1) and receiving yards per game (#1) within the entire Country; I'm sorry but you don't "struggle to create separation" but yet rank #1 within the Nation in both Receptions and Receiving Yards Per game. 

And Drake London is also very good @ both breaking tackles and then running after the catch too and that's because @ 6'5/210 lbs his 4.48 40 is absolutely FREAKISH man. 

I just believe he'd become the perfect for our Offense because Drake London/Elijah Moore = Keyshawn Johnson/Wayne Chrebet 2.0 (on steroids) and imo 90% of these so called professional expert mock drafters are mocking him to NYJ (for a reason).