Travaris Cadet being shopped, likely to be released

Dome

After setting a career high with 40 catches last season, Cadet is on the outside looking in following the additions of Adrian Peterson and rookie Alvin Kamara. Daniel Lasco is considered the favorite for No. 4 duties. The Saints reportedly have been shopping Cadet for trade, but teams may simply just wait until he's released.

http://www.espn.com/blog/new-orleans-saints/post/_/id/26707/big-name-linebackers-on-bubble-in-saints-53-man-roster-projection

He's a solid, reliable guy but he's just such a meh athlete for the position. I like giving the younger Lasco the nod. 

4 minutes ago, navysaintsfan said:

I've never been to high on Cadet. Good kid, but nothing to cry about.

lol I remember him getting caught from behind on a kick return during preseason. Pretty much told me everything I needed to know. You can't run fast, and we already know you can't run hard. He's got just enough wiggle to make a poor tackler miss.

Also let's be real, he's a receiver. Why is he used out of the backfield so much? He almost never rushes.

5 minutes ago, whodatworm23 said:

Cadet will likely end up with Jets.

Could be. Or he keeps his NOLA apartment in hopes that they need a replacement sometime this season. It's very early.

Being a camp body is tough living sometimes, it's a very unstable job market. Hope he was smart with the money he's made. 

18 minutes ago, domepatrol91 said:

Could be. Or he keeps his NOLA apartment in hopes that they need a replacement sometime this season. It's very early.

Being a camp body is tough living sometimes, it's a very unstable job market. Hope he was smart with the money he's made. 

Yeah... I only said that because the Jets offered him a deal this offseason but he choose to come back to Saints. However that was before the Kamara pick. Saints old WR coach is OC with Jets and with the situation there in it would seem to be his most likley scenario to land a active roster spot.

6 hours ago, whodatworm23 said:

Yeah... I only said that because the Jets offered him a deal this offseason but he choose to come back to Saints. However that was before the Kamara pick. Saints old WR coach is OC with Jets and with the situation there in it would seem to be his most likley scenario to land a active roster spot.

Didn't realize all that, I just remember him visiting the Jets.

Yeah that definitely seems like the most likely landing spot now. 

Archived