Denver Nuggets Thread

RandyMossIsBoss

12 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

I'd easily do that trade. I like Murray, but what are the odds he becomes a player of Kyrie's caliber? Pretty low, and that says more about how good Kyrie is than his potential. Would miss Hernangomez as well, really liked him down the stretch, but obviously losing some pieces would be inevitable going after Kyrie.

Think it's a fair trade as well considering the risk anyone is taking by trading him. The offers won't get much better. Only question is will they go for a package that helps them long term like ours, or look to get a great player in exchange for Kyrie?

I love Hernangomez and Murray man. Like I'm super excited to run it back with them as is. I think Juancho is going to be the main backup 3 this season. His highest ceiling is as a 4, but I think they view him as a three with his perimeter play and size as of now. 

That being said the value is pretty good.

What would you guys say to a - Murray, Chandler, Faried, Barton, protected first.....for Irving/Shump ? That's an even stronger offer and I think I still may do it. That would help them this year and they get Murray

5 hours ago, champ11 said:

I love Hernangomez and Murray man. Like I'm super excited to run it back with them as is. I think Juancho is going to be the main backup 3 this season. His highest ceiling is as a 4, but I think they view him as a three with his perimeter play and size as of now. 

That being said the value is pretty good.

What would you guys say to a - Murray, Chandler, Faried, Barton, protected first.....for Irving/Shump ? That's an even stronger offer and I think I still may do it. That would help them this year and they get Murray

I'd probably do that trade but definitely hurts our 2nd unit. Like that we keep Hernangomez. I also view him as a 4 but I get the feeling they want him to be a 3. I just don't think he has the mind set nor the dribbling skills as a 3.

Nuggets were probably never in play for Kyrie with what ended up being the deal. I'm still so excited to run it back. The trade on draft night is more whack to me by the day though. I'd rather have Mitchell on the team at this point than 2 surplus 4's. @RandyMossIsBoss I hope ur Kentucky boy plays well.

They HAVE to try and trade Faried/Lydon/Arthur for something. IDGAF

• Like 1

20 hours ago, iLikeDefense said:

Lol for another Stretch 4.. I'm ok keeping Faried but Arthur and his knees can go.

I'd like us to get some SF depth doe unless they consider Lyles a SF?

problem with keeping Faried is him and Plumlee is a spacing nightmare off the bench

On 8/26/2017 at 1:29 PM, iLikeDefense said:

Good point. Did plumdog, ever sign with us?

should we just release faried? Feel like we'll never get any good value back for him.

He hasn't signed the qualifying offer yet. he might, but i also wouldn't be shocked if he signs a 2 or 3 year deal w us for cheap. i just don't like watching him play so even if we get him for great value (he is a good backup C) i'm like meh 

8 hours ago, champ11 said:

He hasn't signed the qualifying offer yet. he might, but i also wouldn't be shocked if he signs a 2 or 3 year deal w us for cheap. i just don't like watching him play so even if we get him for great value (he is a good backup C) i'm like meh 

TBH we killed Portland when he was on their team and so far we've taken the beating from them with Nurk. I didnt care for the trade and certainly don't care for the player but he's all we got now. 

1 minute ago, iLikeDefense said:

TBH we killed Portland when he was on their team and so far we've taken the beating from them with Nurk. I didnt care for the trade and certainly don't care for the player but he's all we got now. 

Yeah for sure. I think Plumlee is a better player than he showed with us and if he becomes a good rotation player, it's not the worst return. Realistically it was kind of a lose lose. Just really sucks we gave him to Portland, which is a perfect place for him to succeed. He's a really good player so (in hindsight) yeah it really blows value wise. It's just kind of the situation the FO was in though. I have more of a problem with the draft night trade and then selection of Lydon then the Nurkic trade based on FO decision making

2 minutes ago, champ11 said:

Yeah for sure. I think Plumlee is a better player than he showed with us and if he becomes a good rotation player, it's not the worst return. Realistically it was kind of a lose lose. Just really sucks we gave him to Portland, which is a perfect place for him to succeed. He's a really good player so (in hindsight) yeah it really blows value wise. It's just kind of the situation the FO was in though. I have more of a problem with the draft night trade and then selection of Lydon then the Nurkic trade based on FO decision making

For all the crap we give TC about his trades that draft night trade was easily his worst. Dude has been legit with FA signings, value resignings and draft picks but this draft is very meh to me.

agreed on your Portland take. I really liked nurk but he put us in a bad spot and we gave him a great good bye present in trading him to Portland.

• 3 weeks later...
17 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Re-signed Plumlee to a 3 year $41m deal.... ugh, not a fan of keeping him at all. That's about the contract I figured he would get, but I didn't want it coming from us.

He's like a good backup center, but idk why we wouldn't just let him play on the qualifying offer smh 

37 minutes ago, iLikeDefense said:

I didn't see this coming really, like you said, I thought he'd play on that qualifying offer. yuck.

i mean the organization is showing love and that's cool to build that reputation with players. and plumlee is a great team/character guy. lillard's "favorite teammate ever." So I think that's the positive spin on the situation. and we probably have the second best front court in basketball. but yeah i see no reason to pay him that much/lock him up