2022 Off-Season Thread: The Dead szn...

Dcash4

I don’t believe Jarvis Landry would add anything to our wr corp aside from experience. He’s a possession wr that is injury prone and possibly losing a step and probably will get overpaid. I just don’t see what value he brings to the offense. I mean old man Joe Haden shut him down last year and he has clearly lost a step if not two. I’d rather double dip at wr in the draft.

I wouldn’t mind Fuller but only on a reasonable short deal. He too seems to spend most of his time unavailable to injury.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Regulators87 said:

I don’t believe Jarvis Landry would add anything to our wr corp aside from experience. He’s a possession wr that is injury prone and possibly losing a step and probably will get overpaid. I just don’t see what value he brings to the offense. I mean old man Joe Haden shut him down last year and he has clearly lost a step if not two. I’d rather double dip at wr in the draft.

I wouldn’t mind Fuller but only on a reasonable short deal. He too seems to spend most of his time unavailable to injury.

I actually agree. At this point, I just think we need bodies to compete.

There was some talk of potential cost to move up for Willis after the top brass fawning over him at his Pro Day yesterday, thought this may be of interest:

https://steelersdepot.com/2022/03/what-could-a-hypothetical-trade-with-the-giants-or-jets-look-like/

Think the trade up for Lance last year has really skewed my perception of what moving up costs. I could stomach 2 firsts if they believe he's their guy.

14 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I actually agree. At this point, I just think we need bodies to compete.

They definitely need to add talent for sure. Just not sure if FA makes sense. I just looked at the available wr’s left and the cupboard is getting bare. Julio, AJ Green, TY, Fuller, OBJ..Sounds like MVS will be a chief very shortly. I mean outside of maybe a flier on fuller (not sure if he’s even a realistic possibility) is there anyone else worth kicking the tires on? Keelan Cole maybe? Or maybe Steelers brass believes Anthony Miller will step up? 

10 minutes ago, Regulators87 said:

They definitely need to add talent for sure. Just not sure if FA makes sense. I just looked at the available wr’s left and the cupboard is getting bare. Julio, AJ Green, TY, Fuller, OBJ..Sounds like MVS will be a chief very shortly. I mean outside of maybe a flier on fuller (not sure if he’s even a realistic possibility) is there anyone else worth kicking the tires on? Keelan Cole maybe? Or maybe Steelers brass believes Anthony Miller will step up? 

Maybe Trequan Smith? He had some success in New Orleans.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BradfordSteeler said:

There was some talk of potential cost to move up for Willis after the top brass fawning over him at his Pro Day yesterday, thought this may be of interest:

https://steelersdepot.com/2022/03/what-could-a-hypothetical-trade-with-the-giants-or-jets-look-like/

Think the trade up for Lance last year has really skewed my perception of what moving up costs. I could stomach 2 firsts if they believe he's their guy.

Considering I dont think any of these QBs are worth even ONE first round pick, I would projectile vomit if we gave up a future 1st for any QB in this draft.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, 43M said:

Considering I dont think any of these QBs are worth even ONE first round pick, I would projectile vomit if we gave up a future 1st for any QB in this draft.  

If we give up a future 1st to move up, Colbert should be fired before the 2nd round starts. Yes, I'm dead serious. 

I think we draft 2 WRs in the first 4 rounds.

Dionte has talent, but he has yet to prove to be a consistently reliable starter, and I would not pay him as such right now.

The WR market has been destroyed with bad contracts.

Just now, 43M said:

I think we draft 2 WRs in the first 4 rounds.

Dionte has talent, but he has yet to prove to be a consistently reliable starter, and I would not pay him as such right now.

The WR market has been destroyed with bad contracts.

I agree and I am good with that. I think it's the best course of action.

2 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

If we give up a future 1st to move up, Colbert should be fired before the 2nd round starts. Yes, I'm dead serious. 

Colbert is on his way out.  If they go all in on Willis, its likely a goodbye present to Tomlin.    I dont think for a second Colbert himself would make that move. 

Maybe it’s just me, but I am very concerned Steelers are going to “settle” for a qb that is available at pick 20. Heck  as much as I am against taking a WR in rd 1, I would prefer a WR than any qb at that slot. I’m preparing to go “TV shopping” on April 29th.

• Like 1