Spare time Mock...rip away!

Dubz41

1 hour ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

I've done several thedraftnetwork drafts where I took both London (at 1/22)  and TE Woods (at 4/132), so obviously I like them. 

Shout out to you for getting a guy with all the athletic and strength tools you could want for an OT, especially as late as round 5 (Dare Rosenthal 6'7", 325). The guy is green as grass, but the Packers have had much success developing O linemen. If there is a guy who could blossom into being a later round gem, he has a great chance of being just that.

Liked the safety Pitre pick as well, unersized but has the rest of what you want. Good for ST too.

Happy to see a KR/PR guy picked up. We need to give Bisaccia the tools he needs to whip ST into shape.

Where I diverged from you when I do a mock,  is my tendency to take DT Perrion Winfree at #28 and OT Raimann at #53........................and if OT Penning ever dropped to #22 (I don't think he does) I'd have to rethink my draft strategy, as I believe he is a perfect starting RT.

Quoting you but a just in general reminder....

If you're taking mock draft simulations seriously, don't. 

If you're doing multiple mock drafts at least make sure you're switching up which ones you do from time to time so you don't get too fixated on certain players in certain rounds. If you do a draft on one site try to see if you can come close to replicating it on another. Helps to see if it's somewhat "realistic".

Just using guys in this mock and mentioned on this page as examples. 

London goes in the early teens in a couple of them almost every time and lasts to 28 in a couple of them almost every time.

Woods goes in anywhere from the third to the 6th.

Raimann is ranked as high in some as the teens and as low as the 90s. Dare is ranked anywhere from like 150 to the lowest rated tackle available. Alex Wright Edge UAB might be the biggest "swing" example I can come up with. I've seen him as high as the 3rd and as low as the literal lowest rated player overall.

Winfree goes anywhere from late first to late third depending on the site.

The high RAS "sleeper" WR/KRs like Melton, Jones, or Austin? All of them are all over the board.. Anywhere from the 4th to undrafted depending.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wgbeethree said:

If you're doing multiple mock drafts at least make sure you're switching up which ones you do from time to time so you don't get too fixated on certain players in certain rounds. If you do a draft on one site try to see if you can come close to replicating it on another. Helps to see if it's somewhat "realistic"

Well, I do Thedraftnetwork and pfn and Fanspeak and yes, different mocks rank players differently. The most varied one is Fanspeak because it gives you the choice of over a dozen big boards.

1 hour ago, pgwingman said:

Yeah, just to rip on you, I'll ask my question

Who starts at RT to begin the season? If it's Jenkins or Yosh, who is the swing tackle?

In this scenario I think it's Yosh.  Or could be Kelly when we re-sign him to a one year place holder deal.

14 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

In this scenario I think it's Yosh.  Or could be Kelly when we re-sign him to a one year place holder deal.

I think that's fair. Yosh, who probably get's replaced by Elgton when he get's back. That's still pretty thin, but could be an option.