Do you know enough to give up on Deshone Kizer?

brownie man

Do you know enough right now to say its time to move on from Kizer?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Do you know enough to say its time to move on from Deshone?

• Yes I know enough he will not be a franchise QB in Cleveland ever
    • I will decide after he has more time
    • I will decide after I see him with a better supporting cast
    • I am sticking with him for the forseeable future

2 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

A new QB with great accuracy would help the team but the Hue offense over the last couple years would still be less effective than a wildcat offense.

This is something that really puzzles me.

Huebris/Clhueless/Hueball Magic Jackson's system is not exactly something that many/any other teams subscribe to.

Another reason to ditch him, imho.

Out of step with the times.

I think maybe he suffers ED and gets a little sensation when the vertical routes work. 

53 minutes ago, bruceb said:

This is something that really puzzles me.

Huebris/Clhueless/Hueball Magic Jackson's system is not exactly something that many/any other teams subscribe to.

Another reason to ditch him, imho.

Out of step with the times.

I think maybe he suffers ED and gets a little sensation when the vertical routes work. 

No they don't. His offense is basically the big play reward that an offense goes after once they have the defense playing on their toes. You run/throw short 6 straight times and then go for the big play, especially off playaction or possibly with a double move, and take advantage downfield if it is there. I don't think it can be successful as your base pass offense or Derek Anderson would still be starting somewhere. We should have still hit the big play more often than we did with as much as we called those plays but nonetheless it isn't a good offense for your base offense if you are looking for any long term consistency. With a great QB (Brady) you can certainly be a pass first offense (NE) but its used like a running game picking up 6 yards here, 3 yards there and eventually taking a shot or two down the field when the defense is sleeping and expecting more of the short stuff or there is a mismatch (Gronk).

I feel like Mr. Obvious, telling you stuff we all already know.

We all (most) love big play offenses but it rarely ever works for an extended period of time. Cam got away with it a couple years ago with a good running game and his threat to run plus having a couple really good deep threat guys and an uncanny year of deep ball accuracy for him but to try to recreate that is a bit silly. Drew Brees throws downfield at a higher rate than most but that is either set up with short throws or a running game depending on the year. The key to making a pass heavy offense work is being able to convert 3rd and 7 or 3rd and 4 on a regular basis. We didn't have that anyway.

Okay, if anyone has any questions that they already know the answers to but want me to try to explain it to them anyway just @me and I'll be there.

6 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

I feel like Mr. Obvious, telling you stuff we all already know.

It's ok, you explained it well.

My only question is if we know it and voluminous stats support it, why don't the hee haw Haslams get it?

Archived