One big trade with no pictures.

Dubz41

The amount of discourse about getting a WR in the first round is boring and desperate.  There is allegedly 16-18 first round grades (Chiefs GM).  Gute is not effing around and makes a trade to position us not only for a real 1st round talent, but sets us up with three second rounders.  He will probably move around a little more but it is hard to guess.

Houston on the clock after Minnesota stuns everyone by picking Pickett at #12.  New regime, they want their own QB so they draft Cousins II.  Start laughing and hear "there is a trade". 

Houston trades the 1-13, 2-37 and 6-183 to the Green Bay Packers for 1-22, 1-28 and 3-92. (Rich Hill Points)

The Packers select OLB Jermaine Johnson III from Florida State.  Johnson will get about 40% of the snaps at rush LB.  Fortifies our pass rush and elevates our defense to top 10.

Houston takes Penning and Wyatt to bolster their trenches.

With the 37th pick of the draft (Leader wets his pants} the Packers select WR George Pickens from Alabama.  Pickens has the goods to be a true #1. With a whole year after his surgery he is ready to show just how talented he is.  He has one of the best set of hands available and very good speed.

On to the 53rd pick, Jalen Pitre from Baylor.  Bolsters our safety position and brings all the tools for the star position.

59th pick stays on the defensive side of the ball. DT Logan Hall from Houston.  6'6" 285.  Help for Kenny C. Hall has the frame to add more weight if needed, but he provides pass rush ability next to KC.

No third rounder and it will hurt to watch some of our crushes fall off the board.

4th round #132  OL Luke Goedeke from Central Michigan.  Solid all around.  Versatility along the OLine.  Could start out at RT until Jenkins comes back, then slides inside to RG.

4th round #140 ILB Mike McFadden from Indiana.  McFadden provides depth in the middle, relentless. Poor man's Leo Chenal.  Special teams headhunter.

5th round #171 WR Bo Melton from Rutgers.  5'11" 195  4.37 speed.  Melton a spot in the WR room and doubles as returner for special teams.

6th round #183 CB Isaac Taylor-Stuart from USC  Tall and fast CB for development.  Special teams addition. Lots of raw tools with speed.

7th round  #228 EDGE De'Shaan Dixon from Norfolk State 6'6" 260.  Raw as the day is long. Again- all the tools.  No hurry, could be a practice squad guy. Pressures Garvin.

7th round #249 WR Kevin Austin Jr.  from Notre Dame.  Good size 6'2" 200  4.42.  Had some issues, but has the tools.  Third WR in one draft.

7th round #258 TE Derrick Deese Jr.  San Jose St.  6'4" 240.  Move TE. Good hands, good routes. 

Edited by Dubz41

Boring and desperate... I guess if you read mock after mock and compose scenarios so reminiscent of previous Packer drafts where the masses were upset because the wrong pick was made. We are not a team that looks back on previous drafts and can feel good about early picks because when they have missed, its been monumental. 

I understand how all available media mocking one of 5 WR to Green Bay in Round 1 might bore you, but this isn't a 'kick the tires' irrational reaction. The Packers do not currently have a starting WR on their roster. Its not Super Bowl week where we drown our sorrows in FA dreaming and early mock drafts (two WRs in round 1... that was all Feb and March, and then April, and Sammy Watkins who has never proven to be anything that is going to get you wins is #4 in the WR room?

Minimum two WR in first 4 picks. Why? Because we literally dont have any, and using some of the ridiculous draft capital to move up to get Wilson, Olave, London, or Burks might be all you hear but thats cause you dont need to think too hard when looking at where the gaping hole is, so every pundit, podcast, and Packerbacker is predicting what is the right freakin move... I hate cute mocks...

I appreciate your outstanding work, I just think it smells worse than the last time we took 3 WR, those picks were absolute trash (including 5th round MVS) terrible picks... wasted and now gone.

I guess we are now ok with  Florida State DE/Edge Rushers... I sure as hell am not (as I shake my fist at the sky).

A kid named Reynolds was selected and so began my lifelong relationship with benzodiazepienes (and my inability to spell the word).

I know, call me a fool... my girl does (in a good way, believe that) and referencing Jamal is stupid and superstitious ... but no more than starting the year with Lazard and Cobb at 1/2 and passing on a talented group of WR in the first.

Its a bad plan to not be manuerving somewhere to not just get a couple 'Bo Melton s' and another 7th  round camp body. The goal is to actually improve the position as much as possible...  how? (2 early rookie contracts is the answer.)

(Been coming here since Dain and msmre were running things.. still the best (but no one here needs to be told how smart they are-- love it)

Thanks for letting me disagree, youll see I'm right and have been all along

• Like 1