Patriots select CB Jack Jones with pick 121

DaPatsKid98

He is def their type of guy. 

He is a tough CB, the only thing I'll say is he doesn't fit the "SPEED" theme they had this year. He's like a 4.5 guy with average agility. 

His teammate Chase Lucas seemed more likely to me just because he's a bit better tester, but I think they like Jones intangibles. 

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Crimmage said:

He weighed in at 177 at the combine... wonder how much muscle he could put on by the start of the season.. maybe get to 185? If he gets thrown around like that in a game BB is going to automatically bench him lol 

With a little…ahem…help, he could. 

it surprised me how short JC actually measured. Believe it or not, JJ is taller by a little, but JC was thicker and stronger. More reps, more power and explosiveness 

• 1 year later...

So obviously you guys waived him and now the Raiders picked him up. It sounds like he had an awesome rookie season but has been banged up this year and some character issues?

What are your thoughts on him? Pierce coached him in high school and college so I feel like he knows what he's getting himself into. Low risk, big reward?

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

What are your thoughts on him? Pierce coached him in high school and college so I feel like he knows what he's getting himself into. Low risk, big reward?

Pierce has everything working in his direction and with their history from Jack’s high school I think this will work out at the very least in the short term. Jones isn’t a franchise corner to build around but he is talented and should be expected to be coached well and put into a position to succeed with Pierce on defense. This is the perfect marriage. It was over for him here and he should have been traded before this in all likelihood.

• Like 1