Here's what is still a red flag to me about the Lions under Holmes

Superduperman

12 minutes ago, NFL_Fan said:

yeah but like 3 of the guys didnt even test....out of what 7? 

The ones that did had impressive numbers.  The ones recovering from knee injuries you can tell are athletes on tape. Jameson Williams ran a 4.40 in high school and has been said to be faster now.  Kerby Joseph is the only question mark athletically but again the tape shows an athlete who developed and had the athleticism to move all over the field.  Aiden Hutchinson has the 19th best DE/Edge RAS since 1987.  Paschal has the 106th best in that time frame out of over 1400 prospects.  

51 minutes ago, NFL_Fan said:

yeah but like 3 of the guys didnt even test....out of what 7? 

These guys do so much testing, it's not like there's zero data. There's the stuff from recruiting, stuff while in college, GPS data tracking, etc. The only reason that we continue to do what we do with the combine and pro days is to use the same baselines and metrics in order to measure how these guys stack up against past performances. It's why there's certain drills that guys will bypass altogether. 

On 5/6/2022 at 8:36 AM, Sllim Pickens said:

The ones that did had impressive numbers.  The ones recovering from knee injuries you can tell are athletes on tape. Jameson Williams ran a 4.40 in high school and has been said to be faster now.  Kerby Joseph is the only question mark athletically but again the tape shows an athlete who developed and had the athleticism to move all over the field.  Aiden Hutchinson has the 19th best DE/Edge RAS since 1987.  Paschal has the 106th best in that time frame out of over 1400 prospects.  

i mean...can someone show me a team that drafted all non athletes??? lol if like every guy was the fastest 40 sure..but i mean that still means nothing to me....look at the old raiders with al...hot garbage...

On 5/3/2022 at 5:33 PM, Just Want A Title said:

A team like the Lions couldn't develop someone like DK Metcalf  but the strong locker room in Seattle helped put him in a position to be successful.  

Perfect example.... how did Seattle get a great locker room? Drafting guys like Earl Thomas and Richard Sherman, guys with attitude, cockiness, and lots of talent. Ask yourself, would the Lions draft Richard Sherman today?

9 hours ago, NFL_Fan said:

i mean...can someone show me a team that drafted all non athletes??? lol if like every guy was the fastest 40 sure..but i mean that still means nothing to me....look at the old raiders with al...hot garbage...

The argument is we drafted “football character” instead of athletes.  I stated they are athletes, but also good at football and happen to be leaders.  These guys aren’t DHB who run a fast 40 and haven’t been good players.  We didn’t draft Travon Walker because he had a good combine but no numbers to back it up.  We drafted smart by getting good athletes with production and leadership qualities. 

On 5/7/2022 at 11:50 PM, Sllim Pickens said:

The argument is we drafted “football character” instead of athletes.  I stated they are athletes, but also good at football and happen to be leaders.  These guys aren’t DHB who run a fast 40 and haven’t been good players.  We didn’t draft Travon Walker because he had a good combine but no numbers to back it up.  We drafted smart by getting good athletes with production and leadership qualities. 

You could also say that Holmes did the good things that Bob Quinn did (or tried to do) while also accomplishing something Quinn didn't do or emphasize - the Quintricia duo would speak about high quality character guys and leaders (so they would also focus on team captains, etc.) but Holmes also took athleticism into account (where Quinn would take guys like Tabor with exceptionally poor testing results).

As Sllim put it - football character, leadership, production, athleticism. These are guys who have shown they can do it, they have the physical abilities to play at the next level, the drive/willingness to dedicate themselves to their craft and build the foundations for a strong locker room.