Draft Prospects?

ET80

29 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

Honestly I think some team gonna draft him late. People gonna bank on his "tools' and not his production at A&M and UH)  I hope its not us.

I wouldn't mind chucking a 7th for him. Not like whoever the pick is in the 7th is going to be a major building block for us.

I'd prefer to address the position earlier, so I get what you're saying.

This would be my perfect draft scenario.

3rd round (68th overall): TE Hayden Hurst

3rd round (80th overall, via Seattle):  S Terrell Edmunds

3rd round (98th overall, compensatory):  DE Josh Sweat

4th round (103rd overall):  RB Royce Freeman

6th round (177th overall): CB Holton Hill

6th round (211th overall, compensatory): OG Tyrone Crowder

6th round (214th overall, compensatory): QB JT Barrett

7th overall (222nd overall):  WR Allen Lazard

Allen was on his way to being a top 10 pick when he decided to leave Texas A&M. If he had just stayed with the Aggies, we wouldnt have signed Knight as a senior transfer, and we definately wouldnt have started Starkel or Mond over him. He would of had 2 more years starting in a stat padding offense. He had the tools, but Sumlin was such a master recruiter that he kept landing top QB prospects and whenever one would struggle, he would replace them with "The next best thing" Look at the QBs Sumlin had Johnny Manziel, Kenny Hill, Kyle Allen, Kyler Murray. Dude could recruit, but wouldnt let anyone develop. 

1 hour ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Allen was on his way to being a top 10 pick when he decided to leave Texas A&M. If he had just stayed with the Aggies, we wouldnt have signed Knight as a senior transfer, and we definately wouldnt have started Starkel or Mond over him. He would of had 2 more years starting in a stat padding offense. He had the tools, but Sumlin was such a master recruiter that he kept landing top QB prospects and whenever one would struggle, he would replace them with "The next best thing" Look at the QBs Sumlin had Johnny Manziel, Kenny Hill, Kyle Allen, Kyler Murray. Dude could recruit, but wouldnt let anyone develop. 

not really.  His final season at A&M was underwhelming (56 percent passing with a 17/7 TD INT ratio).  When he came to Houston, had Herman still been our HC he could have seen his stock rise. He wasn't that good with UH in the games he started.  I blame part of it on Applewhite but he was not the fit for the offense Applewhite and Brian Johnson wanted to run but he didn't impress me here.

1 hour ago, Texansfan713 said:

not really.  His final season at A&M was underwhelming (56 percent passing with a 17/7 TD INT ratio).  When he came to Houston, had Herman still been our HC he could have seen his stock rise. He wasn't that good with UH in the games he started.  I blame part of it on Applewhite but he was not the fit for the offense Applewhite and Brian Johnson wanted to run but he didn't impress me here.

He sucked it up against Alabama but if you skip that game, his TD to INT was 16/4. He was also playing with some kind of injury that caused him to crap himself for the first half of the Ole Miss game. They say a big part of why he left the Aggies was because he had injuried his shoulder and Sumlin kept letting him play until he sucked so bad he was benched. As a true freshman he went into #3 Auburn and blew them away with like 4 TD passes. 

Archived