Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
EliteTexan80

Draft Prospects?

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

 

Oh lord no.  Only AAC QB i want us to consider is Riley Ferguson.

Eh. UDFA on the PS wouldn't hurt. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Eh. UDFA on the PS wouldn't hurt. 

Honestly I think some team gonna draft him late. People gonna bank on his "tools' and not his production at A&M and UH)  I hope its not us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

Honestly I think some team gonna draft him late. People gonna bank on his "tools' and not his production at A&M and UH)  I hope its not us.

I wouldn't mind chucking a 7th for him. Not like whoever the pick is in the 7th is going to be a major building block for us.

I'd prefer to address the position earlier, so I get what you're saying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This would be my perfect draft scenario.

3rd round (68th overall): TE Hayden Hurst

3rd round (80th overall, via Seattle):  S Terrell Edmunds

3rd round (98th overall, compensatory):  DE Josh Sweat

4th round (103rd overall):  RB Royce Freeman

6th round (177th overall): CB Holton Hill

6th round (211th overall, compensatory): OG Tyrone Crowder

6th round (214th overall, compensatory): QB JT Barrett

7th overall (222nd overall):  WR Allen Lazard

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Allen was on his way to being a top 10 pick when he decided to leave Texas A&M. If he had just stayed with the Aggies, we wouldnt have signed Knight as a senior transfer, and we definately wouldnt have started Starkel or Mond over him. He would of had 2 more years starting in a stat padding offense. He had the tools, but Sumlin was such a master recruiter that he kept landing top QB prospects and whenever one would struggle, he would replace them with "The next best thing" Look at the QBs Sumlin had Johnny Manziel, Kenny Hill, Kyle Allen, Kyler Murray. Dude could recruit, but wouldnt let anyone develop. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another thing of note, Allen is one of the few guys we can bring in for a private workout that doesnt count against the Rule of 30. The fact that the seahawks used one of their 30 private workouts on him is even more interesting. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Allen was on his way to being a top 10 pick when he decided to leave Texas A&M. If he had just stayed with the Aggies, we wouldnt have signed Knight as a senior transfer, and we definately wouldnt have started Starkel or Mond over him. He would of had 2 more years starting in a stat padding offense. He had the tools, but Sumlin was such a master recruiter that he kept landing top QB prospects and whenever one would struggle, he would replace them with "The next best thing" Look at the QBs Sumlin had Johnny Manziel, Kenny Hill, Kyle Allen, Kyler Murray. Dude could recruit, but wouldnt let anyone develop. 

not really.  His final season at A&M was underwhelming (56 percent passing with a 17/7 TD INT ratio).  When he came to Houston, had Herman still been our HC he could have seen his stock rise. He wasn't that good with UH in the games he started.  I blame part of it on Applewhite but he was not the fit for the offense Applewhite and Brian Johnson wanted to run but he didn't impress me here.

Edited by Texansfan713

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Texansfan713 said:

not really.  His final season at A&M was underwhelming (56 percent passing with a 17/7 TD INT ratio).  When he came to Houston, had Herman still been our HC he could have seen his stock rise. He wasn't that good with UH in the games he started.  I blame part of it on Applewhite but he was not the fit for the offense Applewhite and Brian Johnson wanted to run but he didn't impress me here.

He sucked it up against Alabama but if you skip that game, his TD to INT was 16/4. He was also playing with some kind of injury that caused him to crap himself for the first half of the Ole Miss game. They say a big part of why he left the Aggies was because he had injuried his shoulder and Sumlin kept letting him play until he sucked so bad he was benched. As a true freshman he went into #3 Auburn and blew them away with like 4 TD passes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×