The draft was still disappointing and Ron is failing as a GM

taylor made

Just now, MikeT14 said:

If that's your goal, just play TH. The fans would be more receptive to it. 

I’d sign one of them for competition. Maybe TH beats them out, maybe not, but I don’t believe Heinicke should’ve just been given the job w/o competition.

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

I’d sign one of them for competition. Maybe TH beats them out, maybe not, but I don’t believe Heinicke should’ve just been given the job w/o competition.

Why though? If your goal is to be just competitive but still suck to get a QB, just keep the guy who already did that rather than get a new guy to do it. At least the fans love TH, rather than it being fake lip service by signing Mitch. 

Just now, MikeT14 said:

Why though? If your goal is to be just competitive but still suck to get a QB, just keep the guy who already did that rather than get a new guy to do it. At least the fans love TH, rather than it being fake lip service by signing Mitch. 

Because it’s good to have competition. Last year they had Fitz & Heinicke competing. The year before they brought in Kyle Allen to compete w/ Haskins.

You don’t think an NFL coach or GM is going to have a QB competition for starting QB if they don’t have a good/great starter?

If you believe they wouldn’t have signed a vet QB to compete w/ Heinicke then I have beach front property in Iowa I’ll sell ya.