NBA Offseason Thread: Durant will remain in Brooklyn

NYRaider

2 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

maybe you think the mavs beat the suns because they were the better basketball team lol and not because cp3 was hurt and ayton quit because he hates monty. 

The entire Jazz team including our coach were mentally checked out in the Mavs series too and we were a wide open buzzer beater away from forcing a game 7...

29 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

Butler also went toe to toe with LeBron in a finals, and outplayed Tatum in the ECF. Book has been non-existent in closeout games and when playing real superstars they have shown how big the gap between them is. Paul George doesn't belong anywhere near the conversation. Tatum, I'm iffy on, but the case against him is that he was arguably the 3rd best player on the losing team in the finals, and he's never been the best player in an ECF series or later. 

He was the best player in the ECF this season.

1 minute ago, 11sanchez11 said:

not really, the lakers won 3 gms by double digits. that series wasn't that close. 

the Cs strategy that series was literally to let any player guard jimmy 1v1 and live with the results. the heat strategy was to take tatum out of the series. and jimmy still only scored 25 ppg. 

he played lebron, jokic, and giannis last year in the playoffs and averaged 28 PPG on 47 FG% in those series but ok

maybe you think the mavs beat the suns because they were the better basketball team lol and not because cp3 was hurt and ayton quit because he hates monty. 

I mean he was without Dragic and Bam for what half that series? It's not like he struggled, and he had a legendary game 5. Something none of those other guys have ever done.

If Jimmy didn't get hurt they probably would've won the series so....not a great strategy. I probably would've had Tatum there if he hadn't vanished in the actual finals. 

Book's not that dude yet. He was so good that he had a negative BPM last postseason, a 2.0 this postseason and dipped 4pts/100 with worse efficiency the last two postseasons. He's taken a dip both times and when his back was against the wall he laid an egg both times. 

Cope however you'd like. Dallas beat Phoenix by 9, 10, 27 and 33.  CP3 choking isn't anything new.

15 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

He was the best player in the ECF this season.

It does feel like recency bias is hurting Tatum’s outlook a bit. Dudes 24 with more experience than most 10 year vets in the postseason as his teams number 1. Has he had rough games, patches, series? 100% but dudes not even at his ceiling yet. I think Luka is right there though, swap Luka and Tatum and I feel pretty damn confident C’s are having the same success while Tatum’s total numbers look better on the Mavs. I’m just glad it’s all agreed that Book ain’t him, too soft and probably always will be.

Edited by Fureys49ers

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Tatum: 25.0 ppg, 8.3 rpg, 5.6 apg on 46/35/86 splits

Jimmy: 25.6 ppg, 7.0 rpg, 3.4 apg on 47/29/89 splits

FT-cmnoWAAEXPEj?format=jpg&name=900x900

I knew exactly what you'd come back with. Butler missed half a game, played hobbled for another and still had the same box stats while wiping the floor with him in advanced and impact metrics. It's sad, really.

5 minutes ago, Fureys49ers said:

It does feel like recency bias is hurting Tatum’s outlook a bit. Dudes 24 with more experience than most 10 year vets in the postseason as his teams number 1. Has he had rough games, patches, series? 100% but dudes not even at his ceiling yet. I think Luka is right there though, swap Luka and Tatum and I feel pretty damn confident C’s are having the same success while Tatum’s total numbers look better on the Mavs. I’m just glad it’s all agreed that Book ain’t him, too soft and probably always will be.

The playoff series that Tatum has lost...

2018: ECF in 7 games to the Cavaliers with LeBron

2019: 2nd round in 5 to the Bucks with Giannis

2020: ECF round in 6 to the Heat with Jimmy

2021: 1st round in 5 to the Nets with KD, Kyrie, Harden

2022: NBA Finals in 6 to the Warriors

2 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

I knew exactly what you'd come back with. Butler missed half a game, played hobbled for another and still had the same box stats while wiping the floor with him in advanced and impact metrics. It's sad, really.

Did Jimmy's LeBron Raptor DRtg win them the Series or did Tatum balling out win the Celtics the series?

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Why do you hate Tatum?

Having him as a borderline title #1 right now, and somewhere between the 7th-9th best player in the NBA doesn't seem like hate.