UPDATED: Future Head Coaching Options Discussion

G08

Just now, IronMike84 said:

Okay, let’s take a step back. Please tell us where good coaches from from.

Are... are you not familiar with the Coaching Bush? It's located next to the Joshua Tree. Just go there and pluck one.

Duh.

1 minute ago, IronMike84 said:

Okay, let’s take a step back. Please tell us where good coaches from from.

The powerhouse known as Wesleyan University of course lol...to say you can't get quality coaches from all over the place is ignorent.

Why are you talking about Tanner Gentry lol

And who said you can't get quality coaches from anywhere?

Some of ya'll like to twist words around quite a bit just to argue. It's... cute.

My point is this: I'm a hell of a lot more concerned about my offensive and defensive coordinators than I am about my QB coach. I'm willing to bed both of you have never heard of the 49ers QB coach, and I'm pretty positive you can't name Tom Brady's QB coach.

I'm going to step away from this ludicrous conversation you've started and get back on topic.

1 minute ago, G08 said:

Why are you talking about Tanner Gentry lol

Some of ya'll like to twist words around quite a bit just to argue. It's... cute.

My point is this: I'm a hell of a lot more concerned about my offensive and defensive coordinators than I am about my QB coach. I'm willing to bed both of you have never heard of the 49ers QB coach, and I'm pretty positive you can't name Tom Brady's QB coach.

I'm going to step away from this ludicrous conversation you've started and get back on topic.

No thanks dude ?

2 minutes ago, G08 said:

Exhibit A:

23 minutes ago, G08 said:

Ah. Ok. Wagner College churns out elite NFL coaches, man.

7 minutes ago, IronMike84 said:

Exhibit A:

Ah. Ok. Wagner College churns out elite NFL coaches, man.

Okay... did I misspeak or did you have a coach from Wagner College in mind that is considered an elite NFL coach?

I'll wait for your answer, @IronMike84

7 minutes ago, G08 said:

Okay... did I misspeak or did you have a coach of theirs in mind that is considered an elite NFL coach?

I can’t speak to the talent of SF’s QB coach because I don’t know anything about him. I don’t think less of him because he came from a small college. That doesn’t mean he’s not talented.

Matt LeFleur is a very popular candidate on this forum, and he coached at Ashland before he got his first NFL gig. Ashland doesn’t churn out elite NFL coaches, but now LeFleur is being talked about as a head coaching candidate. He was a nobody from nowhere before he was somebody.

I get that you want to put all of your eggs into OC/DC. That doesn’t mean the position coaches are less important, should be ignored, or can be filled by anybody.

Just now, IronMike84 said:

I can’t speak to the talent of SF’s QB coach because I don’t know anything about him. I don’t think l as of him because he came from a small college. That doesn’t mean he’s not talented.

Matt LeFleur is a very popular candidate on this forum, and he coached at Ashland before he got his first NFL gig. Ashland doesn’t churn out elite NFL coaches, but now LeFleur is being talked about as a head coaching candidate. He was a nobody from nowhere before he was somebody.

I get that you want to put all of your eggs into OC/DC. That doesn’t mean the position coaches are less important, should be ignored, or can be filled by anybody.

I know you don't know anything about him, that's also my point.

Nobody said anything about Matt LeFleur.

Every young coach gets a start somewhere. Matt LeFleur was 28 when he coached at Ashland. This is... this is hurting my brain.

2 minutes ago, IronMike84 said:

I did. It’s this cool thing called an example.

Do me a favor. Google every single NFL coach ever and count how many times they didn't start at some low level school or college. :)

I'll wait for that, too.

Archived