UPDATED: Future Head Coaching Options Discussion

G08

38 minutes ago, IronMike84 said:

If there’s a philosophical difference, that’s a problem for both the HC and Fangio.

If they have a bad working relationship, that’s also a problem.

The HC needs to know who he wants as his DC, the reasons why, he needs to believe in it, and that decision needs to be made with strong conviction. “Well Fangio is already here, and he’s pretty decent” just isn’t a good enough rationale.

The part I can’t stress enough is that I’d hope it’s what both the HC and Fangio want, not just that it’s convenient.

If Fangio was just “pretty decent” nobody would put much stock into whether or not he’s back. 

43 minutes ago, IronMike84 said:

If there’s a philosophical difference, that’s a problem for both the HC and Fangio.

If they have a bad working relationship, that’s also a problem.

The HC needs to know who he wants as his DC, the reasons why, he needs to believe in it, and that decision needs to be made with strong conviction. “Well Fangio is already here, and he’s pretty decent” just isn’t a good enough rationale.

The part I can’t stress enough is that I’d hope it’s what both the HC and Fangio want, not just that it’s convenient.

Many HC-DC or HC-OC pairings are between guys who don’t know each other.

McVay and Wade Phillips have never worked together and are 100 years apart in age.

DeFilippo or Nagy need to

1. Learn to be a HC

2. Deal with the media 5x as much

3. Fix a broken offesne

4. develop the QB

My guess is they want/need someone who can just run the defense at a high level without needing them.

9 minutes ago, Epyon said:

The last 2 head coaching hires for starters... And Sports Mockery (yeah I know, hardly a reliable source) just did an article today about how we where set to draft L. Tomlinson back in the day and they blocked it..... That move alone would have drastically changed the early 2000s for us... Especially since we wouldn't have gone RB the year Rodgers was drafted. 

I'd also add that they're going to be sitting in on all the interviews. That alone undercuts Pace's authority massively during this process. 

Emery hired Trestman, a cfl coach, an incredible risk.  There is no way that was a result of george and ted meddling.  Last coaching hire they had hired a consultant for the gm AND coaching vacancies.  Ernie Accorsi pushed the John Fox hire, not george and ted.  George &.ted empowered their gm to fire the 3rd winningest coach after a 10 win season.  They empowered the gm to hire a cfl coach.  There really hasnt been any evidence that they are meddlers its just beats angst

2 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I think that offence could be perfect here.

I like the offense and play calling that we've seen but is anyone sure that Nagy is able to command a room and is ready to lead a team as a HC?  Remember, being a good HC is not just about being a good play caller on offense or defense.  

6 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

I like the offense and play calling that we've seen but is anyone sure that Nagy is able to command a room and is ready to lead a team as a HC?  Remember, being a good HC is not just about being a good play caller on offense or defense.  

The same can be said of every one of these candidates.

12 minutes ago, Rogerthat said:

Sheene = Kelsey. Cohen = Hill. The FA WR line up well with his needs. This would be a one offseason turn around 

Meredith = upgraded Conley...Howard = upgraded runner on Hunt...Trubisky = young Smith.

Some interesting nuggets from Jeff Dickerson about DeFilippo from Waddle and Silvy on Friday.

1. People in Philly and the Bears believe after being there the DeFilippo had more to do with the rise of Carson Wentz than Reich and Pederson.

2. Ownership in Philly loves DeFilippo, blocked him last year from interviewing for an OC. They value him way more than Reich (Rapaport).

3. Carson Wentz and Trubisky are close friends. Same agent, work out together in the offseason and Trubisky wants to do what Wentz did this season. Could be a strong endorsement from Wentz to Trubisky and then Trubisky to the Bears.

2 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Emery hired Trestman, a cfl coach, an incredible risk.  There is no way that was a result of george and ted meddling.  Last coaching hire they had hired a consultant for the gm AND coaching vacancies.  Ernie Accorsi pushed the John Fox hire, not george and ted.  George &.ted empowered their gm to fire the 3rd winningest coach after a 10 win season.  They empowered the gm to hire a cfl coach.  There really hasnt been any evidence that they are meddlers its just beats angst

The more likely scenario was the George and Ted thought tresman was a great idea. Had egg all over their faces which is exactly why they brought in Erie to do the job that Ted should be doing. Truth is Ted and George might be great guys but they don’t know football

Archived