THE PLAN for Curtis Samuel

RSkinGM

Man, free agents .. used to think that was the way to go. Veterans- know what your paying for / getting. But,, now I think more fail to help their new team than turn out to be winners . Too many take the money and relax. We seem to fail on the big swings but land a few minor guys that are decent stop gaps. 

• Like 1

On 8/3/2022 at 4:15 PM, RSkinGM said:

Man, free agents .. used to think that was the way to go. Veterans- know what your paying for / getting. But,, now I think more fail to help their new team than turn out to be winners . Too many take the money and relax. We seem to fail on the big swings but land a few minor guys that are decent stop gaps. 

We’ve discussed in this forum for as long as I’ve been on it, 15 years plus that the best way to build a championship contending team is through draft and development & then adding 1 or 2 high priced free agents when you’re already a playoff team to put you over the top. That’s what the most consistent winning organizations in the league do. We’re actually doing more of that now & have been for a while m. Hopefully this yields the results under Rivera that it didn’t yield under Gruden & Shanahan.