53 Man roster prediction

Beck Bristow

Two preseason games down and things are looking set. My expectations:

QB: Starter - Joe Burrow

Depth - Brandon Allen

You can easily convince me to go Jake Browning over Allen, but I don't think the Bengals agree.

RB: Starter -Joe Mixon

Depth - Chris Evans, Samaje Perine

Can't see keeping a fourth

WR Starters - Ja'Marr Chase, Tee Higgins, Tyler Boyd

Depth - Mike Thomas, Stanley Morgan, Trent Taylor

Thought about keeping 7, couldn't decide who to keep out of Lassiter, Pryor and Irwin, so we'll see who makes the practice squad.

TE: Starter - Hayden Hurst

Depth - Drew Sample, Thad Moss 

Moss is a great blocker now!!

OL: Starters - Jonah Williams, Cordell Volson, Ted Karras, Alex Cappa, La'el Collins 

Depth - D'Ante Smith, Jackson Carman, Trey Hill, Hakeem Adeniji, Isaiah Prince 

I liked more of what I saw from Adeneji and Smith at tackle than what I've seen from Prince, but I think we go heavy here and keep them all. I'm 100% for adding some veteran depth here. None of these guys are very good options.

DE: Starters - Sam Hubbard, Trey Hendrickson

Depth - Joseph Ossai, Cam Sample, Jeff Gunter, Khalid Kareem 

Seems like one two many DE's, but lack of talent at DT makes me think we'll go heavy here.

DT: Starters - DJ Reader, BJ Hill

Depth - Zach Carter, Josh Tupou

Man, this depth is concerning

LB: Starters - Logan Wilson, Germaine Pratt

Depth - Akeem Davis-Gaither, Markus Bailey, Clay Johnston

I really like our linenbackers.

CB: Starters - Chidobe Awuzie, Eli Apple, Mike Hilton

Depth- Tre Flowers, Cam Taylor-Britt, Allan George

5 spots feel certain and it feels like George has the edge if they go to 6. He seems to get a lot of chances.

S: Starters - Jessie Bates, Vonn Bell

Depth - Dax Hill. Tycen Anderson, Mike Thomas

Wilson hasn't practiced and isn't the kick returner anymore. Thomas stays for flexibility.

K: Evan McPherson
P: Kevin Huber
LS: Clark Harris

Chrisman has a shot, but until it's announced, I'm sticking with Huber

Agreed across the board, but given the versatility with the DBs, ZI think we keep 5 CBs for now.  Give the extra spot to Kendric Pryor as the 7th WR.  Lassiter is first guy on the PS.  Chrisman ends up as the protected player unless he somehow gets way more hangtime on his punts.

I'm also interested in seeing if they grab Blanton, juist cut by the Rams, as a possible third TE.  Spain might get signed after week 1 when contracts aren't fully guaranteed.  

And Bates was spotted at the stadium.  The standoff appears to be over, not that I ever thought he'd sit out the year and pass on 13 mill

1 hour ago, INbengalfan said:

I'm also interested in seeing if they grab Blanton, juist cut by the Rams, as a possible third TE.  Spain might get signed after week 1 when contracts aren't fully guaranteed.  

And Bates was spotted at the stadium.  The standoff appears to be over, not that I ever thought he'd sit out the year and pass on 13 mill

Glad he'll be here with a few weeks to go. I think with adding Hill and Ossai adding to the pass rush our defense can be special.

1 hour ago, INbengalfan said:

Definitely think we'll have some churn at the back end of the roster. TE and OL seem very likely, along with DT.

Agree that Brandon Allen isn't very good. But he's cheap and probably helped Taylor keep his job with the Pittsburgh and Houston wins in 2020. We can surely find better backup O-linemen than Hill and Prince on the waiver wire. We won't keep 6 DEs with Kareem likely out. I think 7 WRs are likely with Pryor probably getting the last spot over Lassiter unless Kwame wins the punt return job from Taylor. I'll guess Chrisman beats out Huber but Harris keeps his job with Adomitis on the PS. 

1 hour ago, sparky151 said:

Agree that Brandon Allen isn't very good. But he's cheap and probably helped Taylor keep his job with the Pittsburgh and Houston wins in 2020. We can surely find better backup O-linemen than Hill and Prince on the waiver wire. We won't keep 6 DEs with Kareem likely out. I think 7 WRs are likely with Pryor probably getting the last spot over Lassiter unless Kwame wins the punt return job from Taylor. I'll guess Chrisman beats out Huber but Harris keeps his job with Adomitis on the PS. 

How dare you misspell the name of the immortal Ryan Finley in this subforum??