Browns LB Anthony Walker tears quad; Out for season

RaidersAreOne

2 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

That’s just the quarterback. And even then, that only applies during/just after the act of passing. 

Are you saying you want defensive players to be afforded the same rules as quarterbacks in the act of throwing? 

You can’t violently block them after a turnover either. You’re not understanding what I’m saying about the discrepancy and favoritism.

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

You can’t violently block them after a turnover either. You’re not understanding what I’m saying about the discrepancy and favoritism.

Unless they’re trying to make a play on the ball. 

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

And you ignored what I said about cut blocks LOL

Where did you say anything about cut blocks? I must’ve missed it, tbh. 

And no, I’m understanding your point. I’m telling you this is a dumb example for it because if this happens to anyone who’s not a QB, it’s also a non-story. 

Do you want all defensive players to have the same rules as QBs?

6 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I’m a former defensive coach. I’ve always been against defensive discrimination. Between flops like this and chop blocks, that’s totally fine. Meanwhile you can’t land on a quarterback if you’re tackling them, you can’t hit a receiver in the torso because they’re defenseless, and you can’t block a quarterback hard after a turnover because “it’s bad for the game”.

Feel free to see my visceral reaction after what happened to Kayvon Thibideaux in preseason for consistency.

See: Chop blocks and my thesis

13 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Safety absolutely the same and I think quarterbacks should have less safety rules.

Then all I can do at this point aside from imagine how many flags per play we would see, is wonder where the “outrage” (only for lack of better term) is when a running back lowers his head into a defender. Or when a defender tackles a running back without softening his landing, because all players should have the same protection.

The rule for the QB post-turnover is to stop defenders who’d hunt for the QB once possession has changed and look to blast them, whether they’re a part of the play or not. Equating that to a linebacker in a gap vs an OL/ball carrier is complete apples to oranges.

12 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

See: Chop blocks and my thesis

You overstated 2/3 of those and even then, 2/3 of those are protecting the QB. I think it’s a ridiculous premise that quarterbacks, usually within the act of throwing or directly thereafter, ought to have the same protection as a middle linebacker coming downhill on a ball carrier.