Browns LB Anthony Walker tears quad; Out for season

RaidersAreOne

34 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Really nice of that big offensive tackle to flop on him for no reason last night while he was on the ground.

It’s an ugly look but that sort of thing quite literally happens in every game.

Sucks because AW seemed like a big piece for that defense.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

It’s an ugly look but that sort of thing quite literally happens in every game.

Sucks because AW seemed like a big piece for that defense.

Really? I've never seen someone fall on  another player, after watching them go down for no apparent reason . And he was face down.

Edited by GHARMON9
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, GHARMON9 said:

Really? I've never seen someone fall on  another player, after watching them go down for no apparent reason . And he was face down.

It's a play that happens every week and is unfortunate that the defender got hurt, but it's far from the cheap shot some want to make it into. 

EDIT - because Chuks does see him go down, so I was exaggerating  on the first part. Which I took out. Still a play that happens every week.

43 minutes ago, GHARMON9 said:

If you believe that Walker fell to the ground untouched, and then the linemen piled on him, then you’re either blatantly misremembering the play or you’re being intellectually dishonest. Here it is, if it’s the former and not the latter: https://youtu.be/Mg-aW0zBMaI

The linemen hits Walker when he’s standing, Walker goes down, and then the linemen immediately piles on him to keep him out of the play while it was still going on - something that happens every week. It’s not like Walker goes down from non-contact and then the tackle strolls over and body slams him when the ball carrier was 25 yards down field. 

Edited by Yin-Yang
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Yin-Yang said:

If you believe that Walker fell to the ground untouched, and then the linemen piled on him, then you’re either blatantly misremembering the play or you’re being intellectually dishonest. Here it is, if it’s the former the and not the latter: https://youtu.be/Mg-aW0zBMaI

The linemen hits Walker when he’s standing, Walker goes down, and then the linemen piles on him to keep him out of the play - something that happens every week.

I didn't think the hand the offensive linemen laid on Walker was enough for him to cause that type of  reaction/fall out .   It wasn't dirty re-watching it in real time. But dude is clearly out. 

3 minutes ago, GHARMON9 said:

I didn't think the hand the offensive linemen laid on Walker was enough for him to cause that type of  reaction/fall out .   It wasn't dirty re-watching it in real time. But dude is clearly out. 

Walker clearly lost his balance, sure. Is Okorafor supposed to, in that .001 of a second, think “hm Anthony Walker III seemed to have been off balance when I gave him that shove, should I finish this play the way I do 99% of the time and the way I’m taught to, or is it possible he has a torn quadricep and that’s why he was off balance?”

There’s nothing remotely dirty or cheap about that play.

1 minute ago, Yin-Yang said:

Walker clearly lost his balance, sure. Is Okorafor supposed to, in that .001 of a second, think “hm Anthony Walker III seemed to have been off balance when I gave him that shove, should I finish this play the way I do 99% of the time and the way I’m taught to, or is it possible he has a torn quadricep and that’s why he was off balance?”

There’s nothing remotely dirty or cheap about that play.

I don't know man... I won't call it dirty but it was unnecessary.

8 minutes ago, GHARMON9 said:

I don't know man... I won't call it dirty but it was unnecessary.

Shrug. Walker’s quad actually tearing, him losing his footing due to that, Okorafor shoving him, and Okorafor jumping on him (Walker’s midsection, btw) all happens in under a second. I don’t think there’s much that could’ve been done there, unless you start training your guys not to jump on defenders, period. Can agree to disagree here, it’s still not what you want to see after a guy goes down.

Side note, for the other Cleveland fans saying that it should’ve been a foul, you can even see in the replay that Okorafor’s first points of contact are his elbows and knees. His midsection lands on Walker’s midsection. As far as body slams go, that’s the safest way to do it for the guy on the bottom. 

• Like 2

The forearm drop to the back of a player... dirty in my book. It was taking a shot simply to take a shot. It obviously didn't have anything to do with the injury but it's really not what the NFL in 2022 is supposed to be about. Go play better than the other team and win, no need to try to inflict pain or injury for no reason.

• Like 1

It wasn’t dirty but clearly was a penalty that should have been called. As was the pretty blatant face mask not long after. Particular play though was a bigger indictment on the zebras than the OL. He didn’t really get his moneys worth if he was trying to hurt someone. It was a bad look but doubtful a source of the injury. 

• Like 2