State of the Steelers

warfelg

5 minutes ago, Squanchy said:

https://x.com/mpfrazer/status/1724080987422839068?s=46

Makes me hate this coaching staff even more for their decisions and stubbornness.  

And 2/3 of those games have been in place of Okorafor.

And I’ll be honest it’s not so much that it makes me hate them, it’s more what lead to the change.  It was based on 1st injury and 2nd someone mouthing off.  While in ways I admire the sticking with some guys through struggles, I hate it in other cases.

43 minutes ago, warfelg said:

And 2/3 of those games have been in place of Okorafor.

And I’ll be honest it’s not so much that it makes me hate them, it’s more what lead to the change.  It was based on 1st injury and 2nd someone mouthing off.  While in ways I admire the sticking with some guys through struggles, I hate it in other cases.

I don’t hate them.  I hate their stubbornness.  And Canada 

2 hours ago, warfelg said:

While in ways I admire the sticking with some guys through struggles, I hate it in other cases.

so would you say this regime has a history of staying with some players fro too long?

1 hour ago, Squanchy said:

I don’t hate them.  I hate their stubbornness.  And Canada 

what if canada is just doing what they want?  

2 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

so would you say this regime has a history of staying with some players fro too long?

Yes and no.

There’s no real easy answer to this.  In some situations (Wallace) there’s just no good alternative options available to the coaching staff to go to.  They could be making a change to literally just make a change in these cases because one guy might not necessarily be better but have a good day.  But there’s some situations where players (Jones) just needs to get on the field because he can have a good impact on the team regardless of who they take over.

9 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Yes and no.

There’s no real easy answer to this.  In some situations (Wallace) there’s just no good alternative options available to the coaching staff to go to.  They could be making a change to literally just make a change in these cases because one guy might not necessarily be better but have a good day.  But there’s some situations where players (Jones) just needs to get on the field because he can have a good impact on the team regardless of who they take over.

ok, but over the course of this regime would you estimate the % for stubborn vs not stubborn for the changes required/available?

I really do believe this offense is getting really close to finally breaking out of its shell.

Our first possession in the second half was. I've already set up to fail. When Anthony McFarland fumbled the kick off. And then only got till like the 15 yard line. Near the end of the game we had. What should have been a game ceiling first down and instead Calvin Austin because of poor route running committed a stupid penalty.

In the last 2 weeks. I feel like our offense has been plagued more by poorly time mistakes than anything else.

There are definitely other issues and it's not just the offense. But another example is the later of play which was absolutely a fumble. How did they call it a fumble return for a TD it would have stood as a fumble. Return for a TD. 

The improvement on our offense is very obvious. But I also agree that fitzpatrick not being on the field really hurts our defense. When we get him back and hopefully Much back I have a strong feeling we are going to see a very different team

1 minute ago, Squanchy said:

You can’t quantify stubbornness.  It’s not a percentage.  It’s not a ratio.  It can just be human nature.  

estimate was the key work, because I agree with what you say, we can't actually quantify it  in a finite matter.  

human nature  for sure, and often too loyal to our own draft picks IMO. 

49 minutes ago, VigilantZombie said:

I really do believe this offense is getting really close to finally breaking out of its shell.

Our first possession in the second half was. I've already set up to fail. When Anthony McFarland fumbled the kick off. And then only got till like the 15 yard line. Near the end of the game we had. What should have been a game ceiling first down and instead Calvin Austin because of poor route running committed a stupid penalty.

In the last 2 weeks. I feel like our offense has been plagued more by poorly time mistakes than anything else.

There are definitely other issues and it's not just the offense. But another example is the later of play which was absolutely a fumble. How did they call it a fumble return for a TD it would have stood as a fumble. Return for a TD. 

The improvement on our offense is very obvious. But I also agree that fitzpatrick not being on the field really hurts our defense. When we get him back and hopefully Much back I have a strong feeling we are going to see a very different team

good way of putting it 'breaking out of its shell' . I can see this happening , intentionally perhaps, but agree it's on the horizon

Minkah should help but I am not so sure Muth will. He doesn't like to run block or can't and the new identity of this team is to get near 200 yards on the ground and about 5.5ypc. Muth  won't add to that. 

CA3 better wake up, if he doesn't let someone else play and also consider more targets to GP instead and why not add Washington as well?

Levi better break out of his shell or the coaches better replace him sooner or later.