State of the Steelers

warfelg

6 hours ago, Chieferific said:

Maybe accurate in terms of potential but the Steelers will have 3 new positional starters on their OLine, 2 of them rookies. It’s not going to be smooth from the getgo imo. 60 percent of the 2023 line has been changed…or will be by the start of the season. I don’t believe Herbig will win the job, and I think Troy and Dan should have competed on the left, with the established right side kept together for continuity and which would have ultimately been better for the young center imo. At least he will be flanked by two incumbent guards. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I hope so, but it's tough to rank them so highly when there are so many young guys on it. LT, C, RT will be new starters and two of those have never played a down in the league. I'm certainly higher on our line than I have been since the Foster/Pouncey/Decastro days, though.

I am optimistic as well. Strangely, I have more confidence in Fu on the right than I do Jones on the left. But I think both will be fine. I expect Frazier to struggle at times but be an upgrade as well. I think this group will grow into a top OL but patience will be needed. 

14 hours ago, Chieferific said:

I am optimistic as well. Strangely, I have more confidence in Fu on the right than I do Jones on the left. But I think both will be fine. I expect Frazier to struggle at times but be an upgrade as well. I think this group will grow into a top OL but patience will be needed. 

Right side of the line wasn’t broken. I’d have more confidence in Fu anywhere than Jones.