Around the NFL Week 9 - up against the trade deadline

textaz03

23 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Say what? This makes no sense. Lions obviously throwing in the towel.  😳

Per Tom Pelissero

Minnesota sends a 2023 second-round pick and 2024 third-round pick to Detroit for Hockenson, a 2023 fourth-round pick and a 2024 conditional fourth-round pick.

Makes even less sense to me now.

Eagles, Vikings, 49ers all see the opportunity in the NFC. Do we?

13 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

See a lot of Twitter tearing this up. Seems fairly reasonable to me for a guy with a pair of 800+ yd seasons under his belt. He hasn’t done much this season, but nobody has in that offense.

A buddy of mine who is a Steeler fan loves the trade. He thinks Claypool is an overrated distraction and getting a 2nd for him is great. 

4 minutes ago, textaz03 said:

A buddy of mine who is a Steeler fan loves the trade. He thinks Claypool is an overrated distraction and getting a 2nd for him is great. 

Could be. From outside looking in at his situation, he was never going to get much production within that O. Washed Ben, Rudolph/rook and a bad running game. Steep hill to overcome imo.

Will admit a 2nd is probably too rich, especially considering it’s Bears own, but this is a long ways from being as terrible/good as some are making it out as.

Dallas is going to sit on their hands. Sucks, but it’s better than over paying…I guess. 🤷‍♂️  

Then we’re going to hear we’re getting Washington back soon and Tyron shortly thereafter … which is just like making a deadline trade. 

Edited by WizardHawk