2021 Draft Class Breaking Out

turtle28

Don’t look now, but the 2021 draft class which many of us questioned last year during their rookie campaigns is starting to break out.

1. Jamin Davis wore the green dot in the Eagles game & has made huge strides in his development this year. He had the forced fumble which pretty much sealed the game for us vs the Eagles & honestly, he wasn’t touched down & that should’ve been a TD.

2. Cosmi has shown he belongs, the issue with him has been injuries the last two years. He rotated in some with Lucas vs the Eagles, so I think there’s a chance he may be the starting RT vs the Texans. 

3. St. Juste has broken out in a big way this year, he’s our best CB & arguably our best DB right now. He too had a forced fumble vs the Eagles which changed the tide of the game & wiped away a big reception by Watkins.

4. Darrick Forrest is arguably our best safety right now. Yes, he’s even playing better than Curl IMO. He has made game changing plays all year, he’s a big hitter, a sound tackler & he always seems to be around the ball. He’s also proven he can cover intermediate to deep which is something we’ve needed badly on our D since 2008. He played FS I think all game on Monday night vs the Eagles & McCain played in the slot, so it looks as though Forrest may be becoming our current & future FS which I’ve thought was possible even since he showed out vs the Jags week 1.

5. Dyami has flashed some this year but on our team w/ Terry, Curtis & Jahan, he & Cam are stuck being the 4th & 5th WRs & just special teams guys. But, I think a case can be made that Dyami is developing just fine & he will probably be #3 quality receiver in the league. He may even develop into a #2, not sure if that will be on our team given we have Terry, Curtis & Jahan but, I can see him going somewhere else when he’s a FA & at worst being their #3.

6. Bates has proven he’s a great blocking TE & a solid #2. He’s never going to be dynamic in the passing game, but if he can be a great blocker & just routine in the passing game then he was a good pick. Seems like he’s our new Logan Paulsen.

7. Cheesman obviously has been the answer at long snapper, eventhough I still hate that we drafted a long snapper, especially in the 6th round. Couldn’t it have waited until the 7th Rivera?

8. I think Shaka, WBK & Milne have all flashed some & while none of them look like they’ll ever be starters I think they’ve proven they can be depth players we can rely on if needed and that’s pretty good for 7th round picks. We don’t always find 7th round picks who have proven they at least belong in the league & these 3 have proven at least that much.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 2

They def had me hurting last year I loved the class and they had me questioning my eyes. This year they all are looking good for roles Forrest was def the guy I thought could be the best looking back last year once the draft was done. He and Jamin have really made me proud they are hard workers on film it shows. Jamin was humbled last year but I’m happy this class is showing because all had really solid college tape all had some elite athletic traits. But your completely right Forrest is a game changing player!!! Anyone not living these bearcats were crazy I had a higher grade on Sauce then Revis and that was my highest graded player in all my years. But a CB is my favorite position so it’s a bias fraction of a point bonus lol

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

They def had me hurting last year I loved the class and they had me questioning my eyes. This year they all are looking good for roles Forrest was def the guy I thought could be the best looking back last year once the draft was done. He and Jamin have really made me proud they are hard workers on film it shows. Jamin was humbled last year but I’m happy this class is showing because all had really solid college tape all had some elite athletic traits. But your completely right Forrest is a game changing player!!! Anyone not living these bearcats were crazy I had a higher grade on Sauce then Revis and that was my highest graded player in all my years. But a CB is my favorite position so it’s a bias fraction of a point bonus lol

Yeah man, Jamin, Juice & Forrest have all broken out this year & been 3 of our best players on D. It’s nice to see & it bodes well for our future. We just need to find another starting CB opposite Juice & a young mid round CB to develop to be our future slot guy/#3 & a young LB to develop as a back up & our back 7 is set.

• Like 1

On 11/20/2022 at 10:39 PM, turtle28 said:

Yes, it seems we’re not missing Kyle Smith as much as some think we are.

I mean I’ve actually thought we’ve done very well but I’ve been in love with so many of the picks I was waiting for my paychecks in the mail 🤣🤣🤣 especially the later rounds like I was really high on Charles at that point of that draft and I liked AGG’s ball skills def missed. Loved the Hudson pick for Teams and when I heard we picked Curl I swore he went earlier I was very happy with that pick and Williams had a really good bull rush and traits needed refinement. But the 21 class out of that whole class Bates is probably the only pick I wouldn’t have made because I woulda chose Forrest over him for sure. But Toney Milne like they’ve drafted well IMO. But he’ll last year after the season I thought I forgot how to scout the way last year went lol

• Like 1