Official Dallas Mavericks Thread: Welcome Lively, Omax, Grant Williams, Richaun, Seth, & Exum!

the lone star

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
7 hours ago, the lone star said:

I like Richaun, Lively, and Omax Prosper, but meh.

Would have been better to get Ayton or Capela.

I am jealous of O-Max.  I think he is exactly what you guys needed tbh.  Replaces DFS on the wing and adds some D, solid shot while not needing the ball.  Lively could become Capella eventually so I get that Capella helps more immediately but hopefully Lively can turn into a Capella type in a year or two for a lot less. I think you guys made solid moves in the draft for what you needed. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/29/2023 at 9:42 AM, Sllim Pickens said:

I am jealous of O-Max.  I think he is exactly what you guys needed tbh.  Replaces DFS on the wing and adds some D, solid shot while not needing the ball.  Lively could become Capella eventually so I get that Capella helps more immediately but hopefully Lively can turn into a Capella type in a year or two for a lot less. I think you guys made solid moves in the draft for what you needed. 

OMax is probably a year or 2 away from really being able to help though.

20 hours ago, the lone star said:

OMax is probably a year or 2 away from really being able to help though.

I disagree.  I think he will not be a primary option on offense but will be a boost on defense immediately which you need with Luka and Irving out there and will be able to score enough to not allow people to clog the lane for Irving and Luka.  I think he has an instant impact like Herb Jones did.   

On 7/10/2023 at 9:38 AM, Sllim Pickens said:

I disagree.  I think he will not be a primary option on offense but will be a boost on defense immediately which you need with Luka and Irving out there and will be able to score enough to not allow people to clog the lane for Irving and Luka.  I think he has an instant impact like Herb Jones did.   

We shall see, but I don't think OMax gets 30 mpg in his rookie season.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...