The Official New Jersey Devils Thread v2.0 | Offseason

beekay414

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

ESPN mock had us take eiserman, which would be absolutely hilarious

Yeah with our displeasure with Holtz, I highly doubt Eiserman would be on our radar at this point. I get the USNTDP connection but we're not in the market for one dimensional work-in-progress type prospects right now. I really think we're going to go with a safe, closer to the NHL type pick, if we keep it.

35 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

He seems someone that’s very upgradable. After his great season , wasn’t he just average last year? 

With 

Dougie 

Marino

Luke 

Nemec 

We need more of a physical preference. Bahl could be it , but he was bad this year. 

Siegs isn’t it, and if he’s not a higher end defensive guy anymore 🤷🏻‍♂️

Unless you guys want Smith back!

I think it's mostly a balance of short and long term investments. I think Siegs can definitely be upgraded, but he's locked in long term for cheap (especially with the cap going up). He just turned 27, so it's not like he's cratering based on age. Starting as early as next year, he's your second pairing guy. 

I would like a guy who will throw his body around down there though. It infuriates me that Bahl doesn't do it. I was watching game 7 of toronto / boston and at one point, Carlo just smashed a Leaf who was standing in front of the net to get him away and I was so jealous. Hoping that Misyul can take his role sooner rather than later. 

• Like 1

Just now, Forge said:

I think it's mostly a balance of short and long term investments. I think Siegs can definitely be upgraded, but he's locked in long term for cheap (especially with the cap going up). He just turned 27, so it's not like he's cratering based on age. Starting as early as next year, he's your second pairing guy. 

I would like a guy who will throw his body around down there though. It infuriates me that Bahl doesn't do it. I was watching game 7 of toronto / boston and at one point, Carlo just smashed a Leaf who was standing in front of the net to get him away and I was so jealous. Hoping that Misyul can take his role sooner rather than later. 

We're gonna overpay Z aren't we?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Yeah with our displeasure with Holtz, I highly doubt Eiserman would be on our radar at this point. I get the USNTDP connection but we're not in the market for one dimensional work-in-progress type prospects right now. I really think we're going to go with a safe, closer to the NHL type pick, if we keep it.

Would be absolutely hilarious. And for as similar as they can be considered as a "type" of prospect, Holtz was the better prospect and I'm not sure it was all that close. 

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

I can get behind this. Don't get why we needed permission though? Is it just because they are still paying him even though he was fired? 

Just now, Rainmaker90 said:

AJ Dillon X2!

Nonsense. Siegenthaler is a damn good defensemen. Ruff's structure and attacking system was dog**** without Brunette to rein him in. He also lost his perfect pairing partner that he thrived with in 2023 20 games into the season while also being injured himself and missing 25 games total.

2 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

If that’s the case, go for the gold. 

1) We absolutely can get a goalie without moving #10.
2) I'm not likely to trade #10 for any of those defensemen, I don't think. 

• beekay414 changed the title to The Official New Jersey Devils Thread v2.0 | Offseason