The Official New Jersey Devils Thread v2.0 | Offseason

beekay414

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Bastian part 2

The devils fans on HF were way too high on him, but he's a useful utility piece that can play up and down the line up anywhere for at least a short period of time. People were treating him a little too much like the next Blake Coleman. Think he's closer to someone like Colton Sissons (and that is not an insult) 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

The devils fans on HF were way too high on him, but he's a useful utility piece that can play up and down the line up anywhere for at least a short period of time. People were treating him a little too much like the next Blake Coleman. Think he's closer to someone like Colton Sissons (and that is not an insult) 

I think he's the kind of player that will thrive on a good-to-great team with a solidified role rather than someone that's going to produce on a team like San Jose. He could drop the occasional 35-40 point seasons on a good team but, in reality, he's in that Miles Wood territory where 20-25 points is a good season, 30 is great. He's a viable NHLer who plays a fun style of hockey so that's why we got attached. I certainly did. 

• Like 1

Yikes that was a franchise best season? We sucked the last month and still won the metro.

Caroilna fan legit chirping on the devils history. 

Devils have 3 cups and 5 eastern conference championships....carolina... does not. 

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

@Forge I don't think that posted right lol

It just didn't paste with FF default text: 

Yikes that was a franchise best season? We sucked the last month and still won the metro.

Carolina fan legit chirping on the devils history. 

Devils have 3 cups and 5 eastern conference championships....carolina... does not. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

It just didn't paste with FF default text: 

Carolina fan legit chirping on the devils history. 

Funny thing is, and this fan probably isn't old enough to remember, but those early 2000s Cup teams (both the ones that won and lost in the SCF), were some of the most dominant teams in NHL history.

• Like 1

I’m hoping Grampa Lindy has the courage to start Luke Hughes in the playoffs. 

I know it’s a s****y thing to do to Severson but

I don’t think we lose a series because we didn’t start him. 

Luke may be an x-factor and really add to the team immediately 

Let’s get him some playoff experience. Experience is invaluable. Luke will be here next year, Severson will not.

3 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

I’m hoping Grampa Lindy has the courage to start Luke Hughes in the playoffs. 

I know it’s a s****y thing to do to Severson but

I don’t think we lose a series because we didn’t start him. 

Luke may be an x-factor and really add to the team immediately 

Let’s get him some playoff experience. Experience is invaluable. Luke will be here next year, Severson will not.

It wouldn't be severson who sits. It would be Bahl / Siegs / Graves, and I'm not sure that I would sit any of those guys for Hughes out of the gate. 

I wouldn't mind going 11 / 7 with Hughes though. I at least find that an interesting possibility. 

12 minutes ago, Forge said:

It wouldn't be severson who sits. It would be Bahl / Siegs / Graves, and I'm not sure that I would sit any of those guys for Hughes out of the gate. 

I wouldn't mind going 11 / 7 with Hughes though. I at least find that an interesting possibility. 

Ah, because the side they play . I do not think Graves is back , but we need him out there. 

• beekay414 changed the title to The Official New Jersey Devils Thread v2.0 | Offseason