The Official New Jersey Devils Thread v2.0 | Offseason

beekay414

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I would, yes. 

I do not believe Fitz will or that Nashville will. 

I have far more proof of concept with Askarov at this point. Generally don't think it's a good idea of using a top 10 pick on a goalie in the draft, but we have now seen him dominate the KHL and the AHL. Seems like a good bet to make imo 

Same thinking, though I'm willing to risk the pick on a certain archetype of goalie. Askarov is really the only goalie I've seen over the last few drafts that I was all about taking in the 1st, even at #7. Just something about him came off as bona fide for me. He plays the game so damn calm, even as a prospect. I've seen a lot of him in Milwaukee and he's such a damn stud. Hate that Holtz has turned out to be a nothing burger and the two guys I wanted the most at that pick have turned out to be bourgeoning stars.  

I think the only way Nashville would consider it is if they could get Saros locked up long term and they fall in love with a prospect at 10. But with the value of goalies, it's highly unlikely. 

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

Friedman believes we are deciding between Berube, Woodcroft and possibly McClellan. We're going to **** this up, aren't we?

They all have some crazy red flags. 

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

They all have some crazy red flags. 

What are your concerns with Woodcroft? That he rode McDavid and Drai and is basically just Lindy all over with the whole goalie excuse?

14 hours ago, Forge said:

Whatever happened to @Rainmaker90

Sorry, got real busy with work stuff.

Why is Berube the favorite when his players hated him in STL? And if he wants to play a heavier game like he did in STL, that doesn’t match our star players. 

I’d like Sullivan with the pedigree.

Woodcraft or Keefe are my two who are available. I think both were handicapped by bad defenses/goalies and in Keefe’s case superstars who didn’t show up when it mattered ( except for Nylander when he was available )

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

What are your concerns with Woodcroft? That he rode McDavid and Drai and is basically just Lindy all over with the whole goalie excuse?

Yeah, I'm very concerned about the McDavid impact on everything Edmonton. HF really wants Warren Foegele in FA and I can't get there. I think that there's a McDavid effect on all those guys. 

I do think that Woodcroft is probably still my favorite though. 

2 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Why is Berube the favorite when his players hated him in STL? And if he wants to play a heavier game like he did in STL, that doesn’t match our star players. 

Welcome back!

I think it's just the rebound girl thing. Going out with someone the exact opposite of your ex. I'm very nervous about how guys like Kyrou couldn't stand him though. 

If the market for the big time goaltenders is too tough again, I may take a shot on Gustavsson. They are willing to listen. I have no idea if he's good or not. His career has  been a roller coaster. 

But I wonder if the Devils swapped 10 for 13 and gave a small add for him if that would be sufficient. 

Yeah, I'm very concerned about the McDavid impact on everything Edmonton. HF really wants Warren Foegele in FA and I can't get there. I think that there's a McDavid effect on all those guys. 

I do think that Woodcroft is probably still my favorite though. 

Foegele is fine for the bottom 6 but I'm not paying him off a career year. 

Woodcroft is definitely the choice of those three, for sure tho. The most upside since we have our own, albeit far inferior, version of McDavid in the sense that Jack is an insane play driver. We just don't have a Drai. 

• Like 1

If the market for the big time goaltenders is too tough again, I may take a shot on Gustavsson. They are willing to listen. I have no idea if he's good or not. His career has  been a roller coaster. 

But I wonder if the Devils swapped 10 for 13 and gave a small add for him if that would be sufficient. 

Why not just go all the way and do 10+ for him and Rossi?

Welcome back!

I think it's just the rebound girl thing. Going out with someone the exact opposite of your ex. I'm very nervous about how guys like Kyrou couldn't stand him though. 

It seems like a very odd choice  given our roster. 

Why does Keefe get so much flack? Toronto sacrificed defense / goal tending so they can be top heavy and lean on their superstars .

The studs didn’t take over, nothing you can do there. I can’t fault him for that 

1 minute ago, Rainmaker90 said:

It seems like a very odd choice  given our roster. 

Why does Keefe get so much flack? Toronto sacrificed defense / goal tending so they can be top heavy and lean on their superstars .

The studs didn’t take over, nothing you can do there. I can’t fault him for that 

It's Toronto. They're under so much scrutiny and they gave their players too much leverage with the NMCs so they needed a scapegoat.

• Like 1

• beekay414 changed the title to The Official New Jersey Devils Thread v2.0 | Offseason