The Official New Jersey Devils Thread v2.0 | Keefe it is

beekay414

• beekay414 changed the title to The Official New Jersey Devils Thread v2.0 | Bring me Mike Sullivan...or Sheldon Keefe ha
2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Woodcroft/ Keefe are fine picks for me. I'm good with either. 

Both have some concerns, but I like them more than the alternatives

Yep. I'd prefer Keefe but Woodcroft would be far from a worry.

10. New Jersey Devils: Beckett Sennecke, RW, Oshawa-OHL

Sennecke is a fast riser right now in the draft after a great OHL playoff. He’s 6-2, can skate and is one of the most skilled players in the class. Some in the league think he has a chance to go higher than where I have him currently slotted. New Jersey has a ton of young talent at center and defense so they can afford to take a super talented winger, especially one who has some size.

39 minutes ago, Forge said:

Friedman says there's real question on whether Keefe wants to go immediately back into coaching

He would be an idiot to pass up this opportunity.

I know @beekay414is a reader, I'm currently reading 'Beartown'  by Fredrik Backman, its about this like dying town taking a bunch of pride in their hockey team essentially.

I normally don't like sports books because they always a s*** writing, but I am about 40% done with this book, and it has been incredible. Every character has depth, a great backstory and intertwines perfectly with one another. Incredible book so far. There's three books in the series total, and I guess an HBO show?

23 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

He would be an idiot to pass up this opportunity.

Tough spot because I agree that it's going to be very difficult to find another opportunity in the future that may be as promising as the devils. They are a year removed from the greatest regular season in team history and winning a playoff  round. 

But man, if  ever there was a time to need a break, it's probably after spending a few years as the head coach of the Maple Leafs lol. That will wear you the hell out 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Okay, if he wants to jump back in immediately, then he's definitely dumb if he doesn't take the devils job. Assuming they are offering it, of course

Why are teams moving so slow compared to the nfl?

I really think we need to get tougher defensively .. 

Dougie 

Siegs 

Marino

Luke

Nemec 

24 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Why are teams moving so slow compared to the nfl?

I feel  like the NHL just moves slowly in everything. 

But the fact that there are like 5 teams that have openings still or whatever it is makes Ottawa rushing to hire Travis freaking Green of all people just absolutely hilarious. To a lesser extent Buffalo / Lindy as well, but at least they are super comfortable with one another and Lindy has had at least some semblance of success recently. 

26 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

I really think we need to get tougher defensively .. 

Dougie 

Siegs 

Marino

Luke

Nemec 

We probably need some of it up and down the line up. 

IF we acquire Markstrom, I'm hoping we get Pospisil included in the deal. Third line guy capable of 30 points  and he'll do some damage physically. 

Not sure what you do defensively. I maintain that Marino / Siegs probably not moving this year, but we'll see. Brendan Dillon has one year left and could maybe  sit in on the third pair left side for Bahl. Wouldnt' hate that. 

3 hours ago, Forge said:

I feel  like the NHL just moves slowly in everything. 

But the fact that there are like 5 teams that have openings still or whatever it is makes Ottawa rushing to hire Travis freaking Green of all people just absolutely hilarious. To a lesser extent Buffalo / Lindy as well, but at least they are super comfortable with one another and Lindy has had at least some semblance of success recently. 

We probably need some of it up and down the line up. 

IF we acquire Markstrom, I'm hoping we get Pospisil included in the deal. Third line guy capable of 30 points  and he'll do some damage physically. 

Not sure what you do defensively. I maintain that Marino / Siegs probably not moving this year, but we'll see. Brendan Dillon has one year left and could maybe  sit in on the third pair left side for Bahl. Wouldnt' hate that. 

I’m happy that it’s taking a bit, doing their due diligence . 

I worry that the lack of toughness defensively will cause Fitz to overcompensate for it with our forwards. 

• beekay414 changed the title to The Official New Jersey Devils Thread v2.0 | Keefe it is