The Official New Jersey Devils Thread v2.0 | Bring me Mike Sullivan...or Sheldon Keefe ha

beekay414

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

Then we better friggin' carry 3 goalies because there's no reason to put Schmid back down.

Well, he'll definitely have to go down for a minute because he's only on an emergency loan that is likely tied to Mac's health. I also think that he can only be up for so long in that situation. 

The other problem is that I don't think we have anyone we would want to send down out of the 21 skaters. Only Bahl and Mercer are waiver exempt (Foote is on an emergency loan that I assume it tied to Wood, Bastian or Lazar) and I doubt that either gets sent down to make room for Schmid. So I'm not sure that they can carry the three goalies and not exceed the 23 man roster limit. Think they will need to have someone end up on IR 

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Well, he'll definitely have to go down for a minute because he's only on an emergency loan that is likely tied to Mac's health. I also think that he can only be up for so long in that situation. 

The other problem is that I don't think we have anyone we would want to send down out of the 21 skaters. Only Bahl and Mercer are waiver exempt (Foote is on an emergency loan that I assume it tied to Wood, Bastian or Lazar) and I doubt that either gets sent down to make room for Schmid. So I'm not sure that they can carry the three goalies and not exceed the 23 man roster limit. Think they will need to have someone end up on IR 

Just ******* IR MBW then. His time here is over. I just don't get why they keep trying to find time for him when he's shown he's done here. IR him, get Schmid a full-time 1B role and let's roll. 

2 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Just ******* IR MBW then. His time here is over. I just don't get why they keep trying to find time for him when he's shown he's done here. IR him, get Schmid a full-time 1B role and let's roll. 

Ya, it’s time . 10 regular season games left, it’s time to put the chips on the table . Schmid and Vitek are the guys. 

3 hours ago, beekay414 said:

They are determined to make fetch happen. I don't get it. But I have to wonder if they are just saying that and IR is in fact next for Mac

It's crazy how good that Taylor Hall trade has worked out. Not often that you trade a rental and get 3 long term pieces for your team (assuming Bahl is at least a long term 3rd pair guy, which seems to be at least somewhat of a safe bet) 

• beekay414 changed the title to The Official New Jersey Devils Thread v2.0 | Bring me Mike Sullivan...or Sheldon Keefe ha