The Official New Jersey Devils Thread v2.0 | Markstrom is a Devil

beekay414

TSN hockey insider Darren Dreger, on Jay Onrait's show, JayonSC, discussed Sheldon Keefe's NHL future and addressed rumors linking Keefe and the New Jersey Devils. He said that the New Jersey Devils aren't quite in a position of advantage when it comes to hiring Sheldon Keefe:

"But there's been a few conversations between Tom Fitzgerald and Sheldon Keefe. And I think that again, this is Fitzgerald doing his due diligence, and I wouldn't call Sheldon the front runner just yet. But he's a strong possibility."

He added that the New Jersey Devils would need assurance that Keefe would be fully committed to coaching in the NHL after returning from his sabbatical. Dreger said:

"You don't recharge your batteries in NHL head coach in a handful of days. So that's what the New Jersey Devils are waiting for is to just make sure that he's in it that he's ready to jump back on an NHL bench. If he is then yeah, he's he's a strong contender."

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

Lol we're gonna ******* botch this aren't we?

I think it's going to be woodcroft or Keefe. Anyone else would be a decent surprise to me. 

I think berube will take Toronto

I mean, the contract is just whatever. You can bury it. No biggie, even at 3 years. 

I just don't know why you want to occupy a roster spot with him. He is not a hockey player. He's a guy who punches people with the ability to skate. This team is better if you remove him from the lineup and replace him with your standard 4th line guy like Kevin Rooney 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I mean, the contract is just whatever. You can bury it. No biggie, even at 3 years. 

I just don't know why you want to occupy a roster spot with him. He is not a hockey player. He's a guy who punches people with the ability to skate. This team is better if you remove him from the lineup and replace him with your standard 4th line guy like Kevin Rooney 

There’s gotta be more ‘tough guys’ like him that actually has hockey talent . 

When I said I don’t want Fitz to overcompensate , I meant paying him and Smith. I’m fine with 1, not 2

1 minute ago, Rainmaker90 said:

There’s gotta be more ‘tough guys’ like him that actually has hockey talent . 

When I said I don’t want Fitz to overcompensate , I meant paying him and Smith. I’m fine with 1, not 2

As crazy as it sounds, if they had brought Smith back and said he was going to play 4th line wing, I'd have liked that a lot more than I like this. 

• beekay414 changed the title to The Official New Jersey Devils Thread v2.0 | Markstrom is a Devil