The Official New Jersey Devils Thread v2.0 | Markstrom is a Devil

beekay414

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Forge said:

Would you trade the #10 pick for Drake Batherson? 

No. Only 2 years left on his deal. I'd need like Ridly Grieg too at the very least. 

EDIT - Forgot they moved CF to 24-25 already so he has 3 years left but, still, I'd want more than just Batherson. I'm not a big fan of his. 

Edited by beekay414

4 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

No. Only 2 years left on his deal. I'd need like Ridly Grieg too at the very least. 

EDIT - Forgot they moved CF to 24-25 already so he has 3 years left but, still, I'd want more than just Batherson. I'm not a big fan of his. 

Yeah, I think it's mostly a question about how you feel about the player more than anything. I don't know that 10 has batherson+ value.  For skaters who may be available for 10, I'm thinking cirelli, farabee, batherson... Guys like that

He's an interesting dude. Contract is sub 5 for a 60+ point guy which is awesome. But he's probably only a consistent 20-25 goal guy.  Doesn't come off as a guy a lot of people like, but he's productive. Like,  I'd wager many people would prefer necas over him even though batherson has been more productive. 

I think I'd be okay with it, especially given his size and production. But I think he doesn't play nearly as big as he should. 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Yeah, I think it's mostly a question about how you feel about the player more than anything. I don't know that 10 has batherson+ value.  For skaters who may be available for 10, I'm thinking cirelli, farabee, batherson... Guys like that

He's an interesting dude. Contract is sub 5 for a 60+ point guy which is awesome. But he's probably only a consistent 20-25 goal guy.  Doesn't come off as a guy a lot of people like, but he's productive. Like,  I'd wager many people would prefer necas over him even though batherson has been more productive. 

I think I'd be okay with it, especially given his size and production. But I think he doesn't play nearly as big as he should. 

I'd rather Cirelli. Gimme the kid that can man the dot. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I'd rather Cirelli. Gimme the kid that can man the dot. 

The more I've thought about cirelli, the more I like going to get him. 

Look what mcdavid did for hyman. If Jack can do half that for cirelli and turn him into a 30-35 goal, 70 point guy, what a flipping bargain

https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/new-jersey-devils-calgary-flames-reignite-jacob-markstrom-talks-other-teams-also-interested-1.2131045

No shocker. 

Ullmark, Gibson also options for Devils?

While Markstrom appears firmly on the Devils wish list, LeBrun notes that Boston Bruins goaltender Linus Ullmark and John Gibson of the Anaheim Ducks could also be options for the team on the trade market.

Gibson? 

Superstar Djs Here We Go GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Forge said:

Dreger seems to think that 10 / retained markstrom is the basis for a trade between devils and flames

*Clinteastwoodgrumble.gif*

Edited by beekay414

25 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

*Clinteastwoodgrumble.gif*

Yeah, I don't get how writers keep thinking that's the case. It'd have to be a weird Frankenstein deal. 

10 for markstrom w/20% retained + 28 or something like that with a few other pieces going back and forth or something

22 hours ago, Forge said:

Toronto being interested is a pain. 

It feels like I’m missing something. 

Markstrom is for sure an improvement over last year, obvious statement is obvious. Is he enough to go to and win a Cup?

I just would swing for the fences, especially with a luxury top 10 pick. 

I would dangle a combo of 10, Mercer and/or Casey ( preferably Casey which idt is the type of player we need) and go for Saros or Ullmark 

6 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

It feels like I’m missing something. 

Markstrom is for sure an improvement over last year, obvious statement is obvious. Is he enough to go to and win a Cup?

I just would swing for the fences, especially with a luxury top 10 pick. 

I would dangle a combo of 10, Mercer and/or Casey ( preferably Casey which idt is the type of player we need) and go for Saros or Ullmark 

Saros isn't getting moved out sounds like. Will likely extend in Nashville. 

I wouldn't give up much more for ullmark then I would for markstrom. Ullmark just can't handle a starters workload in the season with the playoffs

55 minutes ago, Forge said:

Saros isn't getting moved out sounds like. Will likely extend in Nashville. 

I wouldn't give up much more for ullmark then I would for markstrom. Ullmark just can't handle a starters workload in the season with the playoffs

I wonder why one of Vegas’ goalies aren’t talked about more. 

Just now, Rainmaker90 said:

I wonder why one of Vegas’ goalies aren’t talked about more. 

I think Fitz just talks too much. I think in relation to the devils, they probably aren't discussed because Fitz has made it known that he's going, "big game hunting" and "promised" Keefe a goalie. 

I don't get why Gustavsson isn't talked about more either. Bad season last year, but the year before he was a .930. He's signed two years and its only like 3 million. I have no idea why John Gibson gets mentioned and he's like 6.4 for 3 more years and hasn't had a good season since like 2019. I'd definitely take a shot on Gustavsson before the likes of Gibson. 

• beekay414 changed the title to The Official New Jersey Devils Thread v2.0 | Markstrom is a Devil