The Official New Jersey Devils Thread v2.0 | Markstrom is a Devil

beekay414

Its too bad that this team won't trade Miles. That's the only way I can really see them generating cap room, tbh. I Don't think that they'll move Blackwood (and I'm not sure that they could right now given that he's hurt). Whatever we add there's not much room for. 

56 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

I was just randomly thinking, 

Has there ever been great goalies who just didnt perform in the playoffs well?

and is there examples of goalies who had great regular seasons but fell apart in the playoffs?

They all have stinker years, but I can't think of guys who were just flat out bad in the playoffs when given multiple opportunities while being really good in the regular season over a long stretch. 

Chris Osgood had some rough outings really early in his career, but then later in his career had some really strong performances. 

7 hours ago, Forge said:

Its too bad that this team won't trade Miles. That's the only way I can really see them generating cap room, tbh. I Don't think that they'll move Blackwood (and I'm not sure that they could right now given that he's hurt). Whatever we add there's not much room for. 

Fitz mentioned they were going to look to create space so we'll see what happens. 

I wonder what the ask is going to be on Bertuzzi at this point. So many teams have already made their moves. I suppose Carolina could still be into that addition, but other than the Hurricanes, not much available across the board. 

Just now, beekay414 said:

Fitz mentioned they were going to look to create space so we'll see what happens. 

Those are the only two I can think of doing that with and I just don't see them doing that to Wood. Blackwood I could definitely see it, especially if they are getting a goalie back. Maybe something around Blackwood and Vejmelka with us throwing them some draft picks or something. But trading Miles would probably be the most shocking thing to happen this season lol 

Just now, Forge said:

Those are the only two I can think of doing that with and I just don't see them doing that to Wood. Blackwood I could definitely see it, especially if they are getting a goalie back. Maybe something around Blackwood and Vejmelka with us throwing them some draft picks or something. But trading Miles would probably be the most shocking thing to happen this season lol 

If we trade Miles, I hope it's because Fitzy wanted other guys in the lineup and he decided he was done letting Ruff make that call.

Just now, beekay414 said:

If we trade Miles, I hope it's because Fitzy wanted other guys in the lineup and he decided he was done letting Ruff make that call.

I think Miles is very much a Fitzy type of guy. I'm kind of hoping that they look in on Bertuzzi now....that's a guy that I could see them moving Miles to acquire. But I don't now if we are fishing in waters that deep after getting Timo 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I think Miles is very much a Fitzy type of guy. I'm kind of hoping that they look in on Bertuzzi now....that's a guy that I could see them moving Miles to acquire. But I don't now if we are fishing in waters that deep after getting Timo 

We should be doing whatever we can to go after a Cup now. I'm not saying mortgage the future and what not but you never know when you'll get that chance and we're riding one hell of a season. If we can upgrade the bottom 6 and then our bottom pairing or backup goalie, you do it.

• beekay414 changed the title to The Official New Jersey Devils Thread v2.0 | Markstrom is a Devil