The Official New Jersey Devils Thread v2.0 | Markstrom is a Devil, Pesce next?

beekay414

5 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Hughes was really smooth today passing. Not sure why Dougie got that shootout shot over him. 

One thing that Ruff doesn't get enough credit for is that when the team goes to overtime, Jack is just out there almost the entire time. He comes off for some brief periods of time, but I'd wager that he plays 3:30 - 4 minutes of a 5 minute overtime period. I wouldn't be surprised if he's just freaking tired come the shootout lol 

3 hours ago, beekay414 said:

I see that last night would've been hella frustrating to watch lol. Adin Hill turned into prime Hasek apparently.

He was very good. The fact that he was as good as he was and we still scored 3 is super promising though. If Schmid had his A or B+ game, we probably win that one. 

2 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Obviously didn't see the game last night but based on what I've been reading, Lazar is 100% going to take Rango's spot the first game he plays for us. Everyone assumes it's going to be Boqvist that gets scratched but Rango's been pretty bad lately.

Boqvist was phenomenal last night, I will say. I don't know that Lazar will come in and play right away. I think there's a reasonable chance that he plays a 14th forward type role, but I feel almost positive that Rango gets traded in the off season. He's going to get a little bit of a raise and he's no longer a top 6 option for this team provided we re-sign Tatar. 

The secondary option is that we let Tatar walk and we'll keep Rango in the top 6 and he gets a minor bump in pay. I don't think that will happen though. I think we will re-sign Tatar.

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Boqvist was phenomenal last night, I will say. I don't know that Lazar will come in and play right away. I think there's a reasonable chance that he plays a 14th forward type role, but I feel almost positive that Rango gets traded in the off season. He's going to get a little bit of a raise and he's no longer a top 6 option for this team provided we re-sign Tatar. 

The secondary option is that we let Tatar walk and we'll keep Rango in the top 6 and he gets a minor bump in pay. I don't think that will happen though. I think we will re-sign Tatar.

Even if we let Tatar walk, he's still not a top 6 option for us. We still have Hughes, Hischier, Bratt, Meier, Palat and Mercer.

Just now, beekay414 said:

Even if we let Tatar walk, he's still not a top 6 option for us. We still have Hughes, Hischier, Bratt, Meier, Palat and Mercer.

I think they'll roll with Palat on the third line but move him up and down as necessary, especially in the playoffs. 

But they could still be counting on Holtz as being that #6 top 6 option. 

Just now, Forge said:

I think they'll roll with Palat on the third line but move him up and down as necessary, especially in the playoffs. 

But they could still be counting on Holtz as being that #6 top 6 option. 

See my post after that 😉

Just now, beekay414 said:

Was really the only choice. You certainly can't break up that top line, and I don't think Ruff or this team is ready for the idea of Timo and Bratt centered by Haula and Jack working with Palat and Boqvist. 

22 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Rango looking like he's riding the pine in the press box

To be expected. Just underwhelming all season and the last couple of games he has been quite bad. The second goal last night was entirely on him for the most part. 

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

To be expected. Just underwhelming all season and the last couple of games he has been quite bad. The second goal last night was entirely on him for the most part. 

He'll get the Zacha treatment and we'll deal him for bottom 6 depth.

• beekay414 changed the title to The Official New Jersey Devils Thread v2.0 | Markstrom is a Devil, Pesce next?