The Official New Jersey Devils Thread v2.0 | Markstrom is a Devil, Pesce next?

beekay414

3 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Interesting contextual data. 

My concern would be that as a line, they can only generate so many shots lol. I don't think doing Timo into that line is creating a ton more shots. 

I do think the finishing could be better, but even then, Hughes' on ice shooting percentage is well above the team average, so I'm not sure how much upward mobility is there. Of course, haula is legit shooting 4%, so maybe a bunch lol

I still think there's a ton of merit to basically just have a top 9 that separates Jack, Nico and bratt

Just now, beekay414 said:

Jesper Boqvist is a damn fine player. I think the offense will come.

I'm not sure about that, I kind of think he is what he is at age 25, but definitely a fine bottom six player. Just weird that the offense never blossomed 

Just now, Forge said:

I'm not sure about that, I kind of think he is what he is at age 25, but definitely a fine bottom six player. Just weird that the offense never blossomed 

I mean, he was at a 33 pt pace last year with no real defined role and he hasn't had one this year either. If you just slot him in on that 3rd line and let him play, I think his natural offensive ability will come. He was drafted as a skill guy and he's put in a lot of work to be a 200 ft player. 

• beekay414 changed the title to The Official New Jersey Devils Thread v2.0 | Markstrom is a Devil, Pesce next?