The Official New Jersey Devils Thread v2.0 | Pesce, Dillon, Noesen and TOMAS TATAR!

beekay414

Just now, Forge said:

Bratt pulled from Nico's line, put on Jack's line with Haula 

Yes, give Jack the passive winger who's been invisible the last month and the guy that can't convert goals. Makes total sense.

Just move Ruff into some sort of administrative role and give Brunette the keys FFS. Ruff has no idea what he's doing anymore and his incessant need to have a "defensive" player in the top 6 despite not being top 6 caliber is killing this team. 

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

lol now he goes back to the regular pairings. Dude is SCRAMBLING and it's such a bad look.

that's what I can't get over. He's not even waiting for these lines to gel and see what could be there. He's just throwing whatever at the wall and hoping something yields a result 

Just now, Forge said:

that's what I can't get over. He's not even waiting for these lines to gel and see what could be there. He's just throwing whatever at the wall and hoping something yields a result 

2 shifts or one period doesn't a line or pairing make. He's scrambling and he's being even more reactionary than fans are. He's taking galaxy brain to the next level.

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Yes, give Jack the passive winger who's been invisible the last month and the guy that can't convert goals. Makes total sense.

Just move Ruff into some sort of administrative role and give Brunette the keys FFS. Ruff has no idea what he's doing anymore and his incessant need to have a "defensive" player in the top 6 despite not being top 6 caliber is killing this team. 

I don't even like Bratt on Jack's line, to be honest. They are both puck possession zone entry guys. It's too much overlap. 

Just now, Forge said:

I don't even like Bratt on Jack's line, to be honest. They are both puck possession zone entry guys. It's too much overlap. 

If Bratt EVER looked to ******* shoot, it could work. He's entirely too passive and he refuses to play on the boards. I honestly don't want to pay him at this point. He's playing his way out of a contract for me. Insane considering his start to the year.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

If Bratt EVER looked to ******* shoot, it could work. He's entirely too passive and he refuses to play on the boards. I honestly don't want to pay him at this point. He's playing his way out of a contract for me. Insane considering his start to the year.

The crap part is that I don't know if there's a hockey trade to be made with Bratt to stir it up. That's what I would be looking at. Otherwise he seems like a guy that gets moved in the offseason for a late first + prospect like Fiala was. That's not stuff we should be doing. Like, okay, if we fall out of the playoff race this year we better be selling Graves / Wood / Tatar / Severson as rentals. That's just common sense. But if we have to move a guy like Bratt, we need ot get talent that can help win now back. 

Just now, Forge said:

The crap part is that I don't know if there's a hockey trade to be made with Bratt to stir it up. That's what I would be looking at. Otherwise he seems like a guy that gets moved in the offseason for a late first + prospect like Fiala was. That's not stuff we should be doing. Like, okay, if we fall out of the playoff race this year we better be selling Graves / Wood / Tatar / Severson as rentals. That's just common sense. But if we have to move a guy like Bratt, we need ot get talent that can help win now back. 

Nah, you take the value where it is. Whether that's futures or a hockey trade, you take it. This crazy need for everything needing to be a "hockey trade" from Fitzy is beyond shortsighted. You can't narrow your options, much like the refusal to trade for a rental, and expect to build a complete team or a consistent winner.

Just now, beekay414 said:

Nah, you take the value where it is. Whether that's futures or a hockey trade, you take it. This crazy need for everything needing to be a "hockey trade" from Fitzy is beyond shortsighted. You can't narrow your options, much like the refusal to trade for a rental, and expect to build a complete team or a consistent winner.

Trading him for futures is the lowest ranked item when it comes to extending him or hockey trade. 

You just put yourself in an endless rebuild cycle when trading for futures. 

Just now, Forge said:

Trading him for futures is the lowest ranked item when it comes to extending him or hockey trade. 

You just put yourself in an endless rebuild cycle when trading for futures. 

Or you use those futures to go get assets. Trading for futures doesn't mean those futures will play for you. C'mon, man. It's simple. If you can't get X for Bratt straight up, but you trade him for futures that make sense for another team, you turn around and flip those assets. Trading for futures does not perpetuate an endless cycle of rebuilding lol. That's total bull****.

• beekay414 changed the title to The Official New Jersey Devils Thread v2.0 | Pesce, Dillon, Noesen and TOMAS TATAR!