The Official New Jersey Devils Thread v2.0 | Markstrom is a Devil, Pesce next?

beekay414

21 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Yes because we're not going to go into the season counting on a Bahl-Nemec pairing full-on. Don't be surprised if Nemec spends half a season in Utica.

Interesting. Prob someone short term I’m sure. 

Meh, don’t really want his contract in the 8s…

From hf:

Also for some additional context, here are the biggest contracts Lemieux has negotiated to date (all negotiated within the last 2 years)

Hampus Lindholm: 8x$52M ($6.5M AAV)

Joel Eriksson Ek: 8x$42M ($5.25M AAV)

Rickard Rakell: 6x$30M ($5M AAV)

Rasmussen Andersson: 6x$27.3M ($4.5M AAV)

1 hour ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Bratt should not get 8.

Timo sure 

Bratt's market value is definitely about 8. Whether you feel good about paying him that, I don't know. Tough to say. I mean, I'd feel better long term about giving bratt 8x8 than Timo 8x8 as I don't think the latter will age well at all. But I'm not sure how much money you want to lock up into players like Bratt across the entire team 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Bratt's market value is definitely about 8. Whether you feel good about paying him that, I don't know. Tough to say. I mean, I'd feel better long term about giving bratt 8x8 than Timo 8x8 as I don't think the latter will age well at all. But I'm not sure how much money you want to lock up into players like Bratt across the entire team 

What do you think of not wanting to surpass Jack?

i understand it, but I’m sure Jack understood when he signed it thst he could easily surpass that with his play. He took the money early before ‘proving it ‘

• beekay414 changed the title to The Official New Jersey Devils Thread v2.0 | Markstrom is a Devil, Pesce next?