The Official New Jersey Devils Thread v2.0 | Pesce and Dillon...so far

beekay414

Just now, beekay414 said:

6'3" 209 LHD Daniil Karpovich

Think he was an overager tho. 10 goals, 25 assists in 47 games in the MHL last year.

Just turned 18 in December. This is his draft year. 

Really interesting guy it looks like. There are some people who really like him

Just now, Forge said:

Just turned 18 in December. This is his draft year. 

Really interesting guy it looks like. There are some people who really like him

Yeah, I can never tell with their ages. If so, could be our 6th round steal.

Pronman had Karpovich as one of his favorites of this draft

Daniil Karpovich, LHD, Avto-MHL

Karpovich is a player that fascinates me. He’s a late birthdate Belarusian playing in the Russian junior league and not in the divisions that are most often watched. But you look at his tools and his production and it’s quite intriguing. After the top-tier defense prospects go, you have to squint to find another defender with his tools, as a 6-3 player who can skate, make stops and provide offense. When I’ve talked to scouts around the league about him I haven’t gotten a lot of support for rating him high, so maybe it’s a bit of a mirage because of the quality of competition, but I saw a distinct set of traits that should lead to him being a good pro.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Forge said:

I have to say...I don't know much about much on some of these late guys, but kind of digging the picks based on what I'm seeing after the fact. 

Love what Fitzy just said. They asked about the later rounds and Fitzy said he told his scouts "show me who has the highest upside" and then shrugged his shoulders. I love that man.

• Like 1

• beekay414 changed the title to The Official New Jersey Devils Thread v2.0 | Pesce and Dillon...so far