The Official New Jersey Devils Thread v2.0 | Pesce and Dillon...so far

beekay414

5 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Canada thing might have them worried.

Yeah, definitely could see that being the case. Mikey is more valuable than any of those guys just by way of being a center and that faceoff ability. I mean, I don't care about faceoffs in a general sense, but he's so good at it I find it more valuable than Boqvist being a quality forechecker or Bastian being tall 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Yeah, definitely could see that being the case. Mikey is more valuable than any of those guys just by way of being a center and that faceoff ability. I mean, I don't care about faceoffs in a general sense, but he's so good at it I find it more valuable than Boqvist being a quality forechecker or Bastian being tall 

Part of me wonders if we're honestly saving space for a goaltender and teams don't want to take back VV to make it work and we're going to go cheap on the 4th line. Guess we'll see what Fitz has in store.

I've wondered about Boqvist coming back for a while. He's just a dude. He doesn't bring anything to the table that isn't readily replaceable. 

Bastian and Mikey could both be replaced by Lazar (RW / C), so I wouldn't be surprised if one isn't back. Bastian is a better offensive talent than Lazar, but the latter could be a legit shut down, matchup guy defensively. With Haula expected to move around the line up and maybe play some on Jack's wing, I think Mikey would be difficult to replace on the market. 

I don't think I can let the Canada thing go with Mikey tho. Think I'm just ready for an entirely new bottom line group and one that's not going to cut into our flexibility as much as bringing back McLeod and Bastian would.

If I can get someone like Noel Acciari cheaper than Mikey, I'll go that route. Go after Zach Aston-Reese too. I'd be good with a 4th line rotation of Foote, Acciari, Aston-Reese and Lazar.

• beekay414 changed the title to The Official New Jersey Devils Thread v2.0 | Pesce and Dillon...so far