The Official New Jersey Devils Thread v2.0 | Pesce and Dillon...so far

beekay414

26 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I don't think I can let the Canada thing go with Mikey tho. Think I'm just ready for an entirely new bottom line group and one that's not going to cut into our flexibility as much as bringing back McLeod and Bastian would.

If I can get someone like Noel Acciari cheaper than Mikey, I'll go that route. Go after Zach Aston-Reese too. I'd be good with a 4th line rotation of Foote, Acciari, Aston-Reese and Lazar.

I can’t even remember the last time any new info dropped on that . 

14 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I wonder if we'll be interested in Christian Fischer.

If they are going to let Boqvist go, I think Fischer makes a toooooooooooon of sense. 

Wouldn't be surprised if he gets priced out though. 13 goals, 27 points last year. Could see someone giving him something like 2.1 aav and I think something like that is out of our budget. I'm assuming that we are trying to keep those lower guys down in the 1.5 max range.  I expect us to wait and see who falls through to the PTO cracks 

Boston Bruins

Pasta

Marchand-just got done watching Brad Marchand. I like s*** starters, but dude is a dirty MF’er. I love the passion though. He plays hard. Attacks and attacks, that I can appreciate. 

Bergeron

McAvoy

Buffalo Sabres

T Thompson 

R Dahlin- watched him yesterday, wow was I impressed. What a talented dude. Real fun to watch.

J Skinner

A Tuch

O Power

C Mittelstadt

Detroit Red Wings

D Larkin- plays really hard. Seems like a great captain to play for. Quick, good facilitator , like how he plays in front of the net 

L Raymond

M Seider

Florida Panthers

Tkachuk

Barkov- another guy I loved watching. Incredible stick and puck skills. Best I’ve seen so far. And I love his skating. For such a big guy, he really moves and has great control. 

Verhaege

Montour

Reinhart

Montreal Canadians

N Suzuki

C Caulfield

Ottawa Senators

T Stutzle

B Tkachuk

C Giroux

A Debrincat- love the small offensive player. Lethal shot, great in transition , good facilitator .  I think he would’ve been a great running mate with Jack. 

D Batherson

J Sanderson- great skater for a defenseman. Puts the puck to net, good passer. I love how he competes defensively. I think he’s going to be very good.

Tampa Bay Lightening

N Kucherov- reminds me of LeBron James. A smart, unselfish player whose best trait is his passing, but also could sink one when needed. Scores with a great shot and going to the net. Had a lot of fun watching him. Probably my favorite player to watch so far. 7/7

B Point

S Stamkos

B Hagel- seems like the beneficiary of great players around him. Good clean up / fast break guy 

M Sergachev

V Hedman

Toronto Maple Leafs

A Matthews

M Marner

W Nylander- eh I think he’s very good, do not not think he’s elite. I think he has an above average shot and he’s a pretty good facilitator. I think he benefits from elite talent around him. 

J Tavares- best hands I’ve seen so far. Incredible playmaker for himself and others. Real fun to watch. 

Carolina Hurricanes

S Aho

M Necas- smart player who attacks the net. I was real impressed he Carolina generally works together. I think this kid is going to be real good.

B Burns

A Svenchnikov

Columbus Blue Jackets

J Gaudreau

P Laine- sick shot. Absolutely lethal . Hopefully Holtz can be something like him. I also like his stick handling . He like does it in slow motion but has a ton of control 

B Jenner

K Johnson

New York Islanders

M Barzal

B Nelson

New York Rangers

Nah

Philadelphia Flyers

T Konecny

Pittsburgh Penguins

Crosby

Malkin

Guentzel

Letang- really enjoyed watching him. Seems like a great all around defensemen. Smart, great shot, tough. 

Ty Smith lololol

Washington Capitals 

Ovechkin

Wilson

Strome

Edited by Rainmaker90
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

LMAO. 

Detroit made that trade for Yamamoto and kostin, then bought out Yamamoto and didn't qualify kostin. 

I have to imagine that they have a deal in place for kostin 

They have to otherwise that's Stevie Y just doing his old GM a favor.

• Like 1

We have $24 Million in cap space next year with only Mercer and Schmid to worry about. Well, and potentially Toffoli if he's an ideal fit. Fitz is going to have maneuverability next offseason too in order to chase rentals and fits and whatnot. 

I know things are fluid but we're in really good shape going forward. Gonna be tight filling out this roster but Fitz hasn't done a damn thing to screw up our ability to build around the core or extend Mercer, Luke and Nemec long term. 

19 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Are...are some of these guys watching the same Michael McLeod as the rest of us? In what world can he play 3 on 3 lol. He can barely play 5 on 5.

What is going on with this clown acting like the possibilty of the devils wanting to get out of the Mikey business is the most egregiously repulsive act ever? Lol my God

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

What is going on with this clown acting like the possibilty of the devils wanting to get out of the Mikey business is the most egregiously repulsive act ever? Lol my God

People are SPICY tonight

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I'm fine that they are pushing to resign Nate, but I really don't get the crazy draw he has for people. 

I'd honestly be fine with an entirely new 4th line. None of our current 4th liners (Wood, McLeod or Bastian) have any offensive skill despite their scoring totals. Obviously, there's a chance you're replacing them with even more potatoes but at least they'd be cheaper potatoes. 

• Like 1

• beekay414 changed the title to The Official New Jersey Devils Thread v2.0 | Pesce and Dillon...so far